Chris,
Lidocaine also worked for numbing but made him sick after chemo. It would be good to have the option of taking either the magic mouth wash or Lidocaine Both seemed to work for him. No need to soldier on through the pain...it just makes you weaker and slower to heal.

I'm glad to hear you have availability of rides. You will feel better knowing you don't have to function fully to have to drive your self. Plus you might not even realize your not functioning at full capacity.

I have periodically gone on this forum throughout Jeff's treatment. Margaret has been great as a support. Her husband had the same diagnosis excately 2 years ago almost to the date. Pretty much what people told me to expect, as far as a time line has been true. The side effects of treatment , with a few exceptions have been in line with what her husband experienced. It was most helpful for us to have heads up on what we might expect. I'm glad you are reaching out on this site.

Take care
Vanessa

Vanessa

Jeff age 49 DX 5/8/09 Tonsil cancer T2N2BMO. Tonsillectomy 5/14/09. TX: Cisplatin 3x's every 21 days w/ 33 Rad concurrent. 2-3 nodes on right neck affected. PEG 7/10/09. Chemo/rad start 6/12/9, TX finished 7/28/09. Extended TX
3 more chemo/Cisplatin/5FU/Docetaxil start 9/11, Clean PET 10/29/09.