Posted By: DM32ASA spreading the news - 10-28-2006 12:53 PM
Brian,

Thought I should post here instead of General.

I did post your web site in the other work site I told you about in my Email.

I asked that they share that information with their Dentist as well. We are a tight work group even if some of us are retired. I know that they will pass on the informaton and take to other web sites.

I will repost every year so that it is there as a reminder for the New Hires.

I will continue to try and come up with ways of getting the information passed on about OCF. laugh

Take care,
Diane
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: spreading the news - 10-28-2006 05:10 PM
Brian,

I also have not heard from the paper. I will let ya know when I do.

Also sent you few more OCF symbol ideas... Not really sure if that is what you have in mind or not.

I wish I could put them out there for others to see and get feed back. To hard to discribe.

take care
Diane
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: spreading the news - 11-16-2006 11:07 PM
Brian,

Just so you know, I met with local paper today. They are going to Run the story about Oral Cancer. They were very interested. I told them I wanted it to show Web site address and the main idea here was getting word out and early detection.

I have never done anything like this before.!! So, I guess you know that I think this is very important.

Take care,
Diane
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: spreading the news - 12-07-2006 10:36 PM
Brian,

Well my local paper did a story about me and included the information about OCF. It came out today.

I thought it was just going to be a short story.

OH no she did a complete layout about Christmas and me, which included the web site of OCF. Well, at least it was getting the word out. She did put the web site in Bold and big print as I had asked. Maybe it will reach someone in need. That is what I hope for.

Take care,
Diane
Posted By: Stoj Re: spreading the news - 12-07-2006 10:43 PM
Do you have a link for the story?
Posted By: JAM Re: spreading the news - 12-07-2006 10:45 PM
It occurs to me that rather than trying to find a symbol, now you are a symbol for OCF, Diane- a symbol of sharing and caring that people are made aware of this disease. Good for you! Amy
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: spreading the news - 12-08-2006 02:44 AM
I would really like you to mail me a copy of it for the OCF archives. We have one of everything that has been published so far. One day when we have a real office and walls and all that.... They will all be up there framed to memorialize the journey. The little beginning stories, the members personal triumphs, the signed photographs from celebrities that have helped us... one day. The most important are not the OCF stories, they are the ones of someone's personal journey, and the privilege that OCF had of being a small part of it. I
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: spreading the news - 12-11-2006 04:07 PM
Brian,

I will send you a copy. It is not anything that I first wrote. She (the reporter) did her own interview and took it from there. I did not get to see the final before it went printed.

It is a local paper that puts in a flier type insert once a month. That is where the article was placed. Human interest story.
I was surprised at some of the personal information of how I met my husband. I did not think that was going to be printed. shocked

Tim, there is not a link that I am aware of.
Amy, Thank you for your compliment. I only wanted to try and help in some small way. NOT MAKING FRONT PAGE NEWS OF PERSONAL LIFE!

Well thats the media for ya... Ha ha..
Take care,
Diane
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: spreading the news - 12-30-2006 02:12 PM
Brian,

Just was wondering if you received the Article OK? Hope it met with your approval as far as information of OCF.

Happy New Year To ALL !! smile

Diane
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: spreading the news - 12-30-2006 04:45 PM
You did good, considering the reporter was all over the place and not very organized. The parts you did were great.
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: spreading the news - 12-30-2006 09:26 PM
Brian,

I forgot to tell you. My phone has been ringing and people I run into have commented about the article.

So, at least I know that people have read it and are responding. One lady told me about her son in-law who was just diagnosed with Tongue Cancer and how helpful it was to find out about the web site.

My husband also heard from a old friend in Idaho. He saw the article & was going to share it with friends. I am happy to know it was out there and helping; even if everyone knows how I met my husband. Ha ha!!

Take care,
Diane
Posted By: PeteyB Re: spreading the news - 04-10-2007 12:40 AM
Hello Diane.
I read this thread with earnest.
I am trying to get 3 papers that cover all of S. Fla. to write articles for National Oral Cancer Awareness Week. (4-16 thru 4-22)
Now you have aroused my curiosity about how you met your husband! And being inquisitve as I am,
DM32ASA also raises an eyebrow laugh
My friend in N.J. was a male GO-GO dancer in the early '80's. I went with him one night out of (bet you can't quess) CURIOSITY.
His girlfriend showed up with her girlfriend, Melanie.
To make a long story short, Melanie and I celebrated our 23rd wedding aniversery Nov. 19th.
Our 3 children get a "kick" out of telling new aquaintances that: Dad met Mom In a go-go bar! shocked
Care To Share? laugh
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: spreading the news - 05-12-2007 06:25 PM
PeteyB,

Thanks for telling me about your post here. Ok, I will share.. Ready... Pizza Parlor !! laugh

We all know that The way to a Mans heart has to be through his stomach. Ha ha... smile

Take care,
Diane
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum