Posted By: Susan Lauria Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-04-2011 05:00 PM
Hey Everyone!

We have some fall oral cancer walks approaching!!!

September 10 - Cleveland, OHio

September 18 - Plymouth, Massachussetts

September 24 - Andover, New Jersey

October 1 - Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

October 22 - Minneapolis, Minnesota

If you live in any of these areas, please come out and support the event and OCF!! Check event site for more details or contact me!!

Thanks so much!!

Susan
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-05-2011 01:02 AM
It would be wonderful to have OCF members present at each of the walks. It would show their support of this wonderful organization.

There is a new tshirt available this year. Its one that survivors, caregivers or anyone can wear. The tshirt was originally designed to be worn by OCF members when they attend the walks. It makes it easy to spot fellow OCF members.

If anyone wants to participate in a walk but do not live near one, they can still help out. If unable to attend a walk, a walker can be sponsored. Donations of any amount are also accepted.

I hope anyone who is able to help out will do so. OCF helps us all so much, lets try to give back what we can.
Posted By: suemarie Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-06-2011 08:07 PM
Hi all. I will most definately be coming to the Andover walk. I just got that day off of work and can't wait to see you all!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-06-2011 11:45 PM
Sue I am so happy you will be attending!!!!!! I cant wait to see you again and catch up.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-07-2011 02:15 AM
Can't wait to see you, too...Suemarie.
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-07-2011 08:55 PM
Awesome Sue Marie!!! So glad you are coming!!!!

See you then!!!

Susan
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-08-2011 08:04 PM
well jeeez, I never knew there was a walk this Saturday!!! I have to watch my grandson...I'm so sad...how can I find anything out now about it? I'm really sad...
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-08-2011 08:19 PM
OK found it and it's closer to my house than Cleveland proper it's actually in Sagamore Hills woo hoo! Now to find out if I can get somebody to keep an eye on the grandson my Saturday to watch him...hmmm I'm sure he can go for a stroll right? Do I have to be there @ 8am exactly to start? If so I can't go, they don't get to my house til 8...shoot...and Christine do they sell those shirts @ the walks? I'd like one if I could get one. IF I can even get to the walk now. It shows 8am-noon. hmmm gotta do more reading
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-08-2011 11:31 PM
Sue, you will LOVE the OCF walks!!!! Im so excited that you will get to go!!!! Children are always welcome at the walks. At the San Antonio walk they had a play ground and face painting for the little ones. Every walk is a little different.

The burgundy tshirts are only sold in the OCF store, they take arrive very quickly. I dont think there is enough time to get you one by Sat. frown Usually at the walks they will give you a free tshirt. The burgundy tshirt is what I was wearing when I went to the Colorado walk in July. Im not sure if you got to see the pictures. In the link the shirt looks more red than it really is, its a nice deep burgundy color. I love that tshirt!!! Here is the link to the store so you can buy one.

http://www.ocfstore.org/Make_Oral_Cancer_History_T_Shirt_p/makehistory_tshirt.htm

*******Anyone else going to the Clevland walk on Saturday, contact me or SUEZ to arrange to meet in person.*****
Posted By: MikeG Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-10-2011 02:14 AM
SUEZ, I hope you make it to the walk, I will look for you. I did not know about the shirts for OCF members until today. Oh well.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-10-2011 05:38 AM
I am thinking about going to the Minneapolis Walk on October 22nd - it is about an 8 hour drive for me. Anyone from here thinking about going to this one? Let me know - would be thrilled to meet someone from the forums.

Donna
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-10-2011 11:33 AM
Darn it Donna!!!! I wish this was one of the walks I was going to. This walk is being put on by a group of wonderful dental hygienists. I love seeing professionals get involved with spreading the word!

I wish you would be able to attend the walk in Andover NJ that Susan Lauria puts on. She has it every year to honor her brother who sadly passed away much too young from OC. There will be several OCF members attending. Jerry, of course Susan Lauria, Suemarie, Ray, Palmtree (Katie), Ann, Melissa who was on Dr Oz show, and several others may attend. I will be Susan's speaker this year.

This walk is always a big success. I hope anyone who is within driving distance will take this opportunity and come out to support OCF. After all that OCF gives us, we can take a few hours out of our busy schedules to help give back.

Anyone attending the NJ or Minneapolis walk has time to order the "Make Oral Cancer History" tshirts. Wearing these tshirts helps to spread the word and also makes it easy to find other fellow OCF members. The more burgundy tshirts there, the better! It makes a great visual statement when a bunch are of us are all together wearing the burgundy shirts.
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-10-2011 02:01 PM
Hi Pandora, hope you can make the MN walk, they have been working very hard!!!

Def order a shirt from the OCF store, you will def stand out so other members can find you!!

Thanks Christine for always reminding people!!

Take care!
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-10-2011 02:02 PM
suez, hope you made it to the walk!!! Let me know if you did, would love to hear about it!!!

Take care!

Susan
Posted By: MikeG Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-14-2011 03:05 AM
Suez made it! Grandson too! Plenty of puddles for the boy to jump into! If he could outrun Grandma! Mike and I got to meet and chat a bit with her.
The young sisters that drove all the way from Toledo (in honor of their Mother) were there again this year. In the pouring rain. Heartwarming.
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Fall walks coming up!!!! - 09-14-2011 04:23 PM
Hey Ginny!!! Yep we sure did meet, how you knew it was me when I first walked in you sure did surprise me with that! Pictures? Or cuz I was an old lady with a 2 yr old? lol
I sure wish I could have stayed and chatted all day long...but hell I was beat from that lil poo!! This is why us women go thru menapause! So we don't have kids at this age! lol
He never took a nap that day either! He was good though when I got home. My poor tennis shoes were soaked as were his and his pants but he told mommy he had fun when she got home! Hope to meeet up with you again!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum