Posted By: EzJim Another day another Scan - 07-09-2008 12:40 AM
Saw my RO this morning and apparently he saw something on the CTScan he doesn't like and felt something inside my mouth on the left lower gum. He wanted a PetScan done today. LOL None are available until this Thursday. I get the Pet at 10:15 that morning. I wonder if this stuff ever takes a Vacation or a break. LOL It would be nice if I got paid by the hour. That is the most caring Dr in this country I bet. He called to check on the CTScan when he was away and told his girl to call me and relax me. What a man!!
Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: Another day another Scan - 07-09-2008 01:27 AM
Oh Jim... you have been through so much, I am sorry that you are going through it AGAIN! frown You are a tough cookie, though! Let us know how the test goes...
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Another day another Scan - 07-09-2008 01:29 AM

Jim:

It sure seems like it never ends. Im really sorry that your doc saw something unusual. Try not to worry, if it would be something, it was caught immediately. After everything you have gone thru recently, it could be scarring. Good luck with your test on Thurs. The results are normally pretty quick for those.

Im rooting for you smile

Christine
Posted By: Nelie Re: Another day another Scan - 07-09-2008 01:55 AM
Well at least you know from your own experience by now that it really isn't cancer until they definitely say it is. Like Christine said, it could easily be scar tissue. I'm sorry you're going through this stuff yet again and hoping it turns out to be a big false alarm like it was last time.

Nelie
Posted By: JeffL Re: Another day another Scan - 07-09-2008 02:24 AM
Jim -- just another curve ball to knock out of the park, buddy!! Stay close and keep us posted.
Posted By: Sue G Re: Another day another Scan - 07-09-2008 11:46 AM
Hi Jim.
Just wanted to wish you well. Hopefully it is just scarring. Keep laughing!

sUE
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Another day another Scan - 07-09-2008 12:42 PM
Damn it man, you deserve a break !!!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Another day another Scan - 07-10-2008 12:20 AM
LOL Thank you david and I will laugh until nthis is over and I have it on the ropes. Thanks all of you great people. I'm glad I have you all in my corner. You make this battle easy.
Posted By: August Re: Another day another Scan - 07-10-2008 06:09 PM
Jim, this is Thursday....1:00 Central time....You've had your PET scan by now, but you might or might not know any results yet. I know how difficult the wait will be. I hope that that wonderful doctor of yours will not make you wait through the weekend for a report.

Jim, you are like a brother to each of us. Stay strong, and keep kicking this stuff in the rear!!

XOXO--Colleen
Posted By: EzJim Re: Another day another Scan - 07-11-2008 01:02 AM
I was just ready to go for the Scan and the phone rang LOL Yep, they overheated their machine yesterday and had to postpone me until Mon. at 11 AM..
Posted By: Malka Re: Another day another Scan - 07-11-2008 01:45 AM
Jim,
Do you think tht the machine overheated because it was overwhelmed by all you have been through??

Posted By: Karen W Re: Another day another Scan - 07-11-2008 01:48 AM
Jim,
Sorry to hear of the new possible problem and the postponement of PET scan. Waiting is awful. I just had my 1st post treatment scan today, I'll find out results next week. Hope we both get good results. Hang in there!
Posted By: Karen W Re: Another day another Scan - 07-11-2008 01:51 AM
Christine,

Just saw on your signature info that you had an all clear scan! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Karen
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Another day another Scan - 07-11-2008 02:01 AM

Jim, hope you dont spend the next few days worrying. You are well overdue for a break. Im praying for you.

Karen, thanks.

Christine
Posted By: EzJim Re: Another day another Scan - 07-12-2008 01:26 AM
Thank you Karen, Malka and Christine for the concerns.. I keep too bust to have time to worry. Today I painted the back blocks on my outside basement wall, then washed clothes and fixed some liquid dinner. After that I cleaned my van and then went for a shake at DQ. Have a great day all.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Another day another Scan - 07-12-2008 01:27 AM
LOL I better say thank you to everyone that has posted. Luv Ya all.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Another day another Scan - 07-12-2008 01:37 AM

Glad you are staying busy. I see the avitars are coming back. Im waiting to see your tiger again.

Christine
Posted By: EzJim Re: Another day another Scan - 07-13-2008 08:59 PM
Got that tiger by the tail Christine. LOL Hope he doesn't turn and bite me.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Another day another Scan - 07-15-2008 01:47 AM
Finally got the PetScan today. Actually it is the easiest Scan there is to me. This is my 4th one at least. The hardest part is to sit for 45 minutes while the dye goes thru your system. The time in the tunnel is only about 20 minutes or so. I will post whenever my Dr calls me with the results. Have a great week all.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Another day another Scan - 07-15-2008 01:57 AM
Jim

My fingers and toes are crossed that your scan comes back good.

Christine
Posted By: Nelie Re: Another day another Scan - 07-15-2008 03:08 PM
Jim, I have all my appendages crossed too!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Another day another Scan - 07-15-2008 07:12 PM
LOL I hope you don't cramp up. Man I love these posts and the people that post them.
Posted By: JeffL Re: Another day another Scan - 07-31-2008 12:24 PM
JIm -- I don't recall seeing a post on the results of you scan. I may have missed it. Hope all is well.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Another day another Scan - 08-01-2008 01:04 AM
Sorry Jeff, I probably forgot to post. The Dr said the scan didn't show anything that was causing the pain in my shoulder and neck. But that he did see something in my throat , but he expected to see whatever it was. LOL Now I still wonder what he saw . I will ask next week when I see him.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum