Posted By: EzJim Fast Healer - 05-14-2008 11:03 PM
I had an appt with my Surgeon today. This is the Dr that will call anytime of night or day. He called me sunday night at 10:10 to see when I was discharged from the Hospital last week. He gave me an appt to see him this morning. He told me, I just want to check that infection where we did needle biopsies. After checking my neck with both hands, his words were, "Jim you are amazing with the way you heal so fast." He even checked 3 more times to be sure. LOL I dazzled him with footwork. I do heal fast for some reason. But I'll take that and smile.
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: Fast Healer - 05-15-2008 01:17 AM
EZJim,

Sure glad that you are doing so well. You are one lucky guy to be able to heal so fast. smile

keep it up,

Take care,
Diane
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Fast Healer - 05-15-2008 12:17 PM
Way to go Jim
Posted By: Kevin - Memphis Re: Fast Healer - 05-15-2008 12:45 PM
All that good clean livin,,, good going Jim
Posted By: Nelie Re: Fast Healer - 05-15-2008 03:13 PM
Jim, you just keep up that speedy healing! You're amazing!

Nelie
Posted By: Malka Re: Fast Healer - 05-16-2008 03:23 AM
Jim,
Glad to see you are doing better. The banter with David is back to normal and I hope that you are soon back to your full strenght and good health.
Malka
Posted By: EzJim Re: Fast Healer - 05-16-2008 07:53 PM
I have some exercises I do a few times a day to build up my strength. They do help and it seems I can walk forever and not get tired like I was. LOL Maybe not smoking for the past few months helps that.
Posted By: lolita Re: Fast Healer - 06-13-2008 04:17 AM
how did u stop smoking
Posted By: Eileen Re: Fast Healer - 06-13-2008 05:19 PM
Lolita,
You need to update your signature with your latest surgery and PLEASE don't tell me you are still smoking now that you have had a total largyngectomy. You stop smoking by throwing out the cigarrettes and never buying or bumming another again. Cold turkey. If you just had surgery you had to quit while in hospital so why would you start again? Get some will power.

Eileen
Posted By: EzJim Re: Fast Healer - 06-14-2008 12:16 PM
I just said no more to cigarettes and haven't had one since. I still get the urge, LOL, but no way am I going to lite up.
Posted By: Suess57 Re: Fast Healer - 06-14-2008 01:08 PM
Same thing for me...While waiting for the biopsy results, I decided no matter the outcome I never wanted to be in the position to wait on those kind of results again. I threw out my cigarettes and that was that. It was far from easy but fear is a powerful motivator. A month later, after my surgery was complete, my doc at MDACC made me visit their smoking cessation program even though I was certain I'd never smoke. Said his experience was the success rates were better with support...that fear wears off (really? every little bump, pang or new sensation keeps it going in me, LOL). They offered many options to help, from counseling with a psychiatrist to Zyban to experimental medications. All at no cost. I'd check my CCC or the American Cancer Society and see what's available for support near you. I opted to stick with the cold turkey approach but knowing their were other options helped me be successful.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum