Posted By: gpk101 10th year anniversary! - 02-14-2013 02:56 AM
Hi guys! Wanted everyone to know I'm officially at my 10 year mark on Valentine's day! Treatment has been hard lately-3 wks on, 1 wk off Taxotere with some bothersome side effects...OHHH the FINGERS! the FINGERS!!...but still bright-eyed and bushy-tailed most days.
A LOT of my emotional well-being comes directly from THIS FORUM. Thank you guys-all of you. I really appreciate it. I guess I've let my "real-world" support system dissipate, but I know you guys are always here to keep me keepin' on! Like one of the administrator's (that I admire tremendously) sig line says, "Very happy to be alive"
Gordon
Posted By: EricS Re: 10th year anniversary! - 02-14-2013 06:25 AM
Congrats Gordon!

I'm glad you are still with us my friend! I share the feeling with you as I don't know where I'd be without these forums either. Strength in numbers.

Eric
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: 10th year anniversary! - 02-14-2013 08:45 AM
Ten years of battling and you are still in the trenches. You are truly an inspiration for all of us, and like us all, you are happy to be alive! Congrats on the anniversary.

Donna

Posted By: PaulB Re: 10th year anniversary! - 02-14-2013 03:27 PM
Congratulations, and many more.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: 10th year anniversary! - 02-14-2013 07:00 PM
Gordon, so happy to see your great post!!! Ten years is a huge accomplishment!!! Im the one who admires YOU smile I LOVE when members come back with such encouraging news, it gives others hope for a bright future.

Wishing you many more happy, healthy anniversaries!!! We are always right here if you need us smile
Posted By: Kris Re: 10th year anniversary! - 02-14-2013 08:55 PM
Gordon!
Congrats on making the 10+ club!! This club is GROWING!!! YEAH! :-) - Kris
Posted By: donfoo Re: 10th year anniversary! - 02-14-2013 11:28 PM
Gordon,

SO glad you can post here a decade after. You ARE the warrior! This last round of chemo should be a dance in the park for a tough dog like you. Keep hanging in. don
Posted By: Gabe Re: 10th year anniversary! - 02-14-2013 11:39 PM
Love the last line in your signature!
Congratulations on still kickin after 10 years wink
It has been a rough road for you and I send my best wishes for many more anniversaries.
Posted By: gpk101 Re: 10th year anniversary! - 02-15-2013 05:09 AM
You guys are the BEST! Thanks for your encouragement and good wishes-I'm sure you know how much a little thing like responses to a post can mean...but here it is midnight and can't seem to get this alligator tear outta my eye...
Been a really good day! Love to you all.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: 10th year anniversary! - 02-15-2013 01:32 PM
Fantastic!!!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum