Posted By: EzJim Finally - 01-16-2008 03:31 PM
Well I finally got the OK for the teethe removal and was at th e Oncologist for Chemo when I found out. I have to be at the hospital at 11AM and surgery is at 1PM. The oncologist gave me the same options I see here, lol inluding the one that gives acne I see the radiologist 7 days from tomorrow with all my famiy so he can explain what he has to do with the implants. That's it for this one and have a good day all.
Posted By: Malka Re: Finally - 01-16-2008 04:08 PM
Jim,

How much do you expect the tooth fairy to pay for those teeth?

Good luck and have an easy time with all your treatments.

Malka

PS: Here's a true story for you.
My husband (your age) told me that he came out of a building and saw an older fellow looking around and he asked if something was wrong. The man said that he was looking for his car but he didn't see it. When my husband offfered to help him look for it he waved his hand in front of his face and said "It's the candles, they are in the way." My husband asked candles? The man replied, "The ones on the birthday cake!"

Posted By: EzJim Re: Finally - 01-16-2008 04:42 PM
LOL I like yur husband already.. maybe I'll try that next month on my Bday The tooth fairy is giving me 1 silver dollar for each tooth they pull. Should I ask for more like maybe a $3 bill? LOL
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: Finally - 01-16-2008 05:15 PM
Hell yes Bill--get all your family to contribute! Does the tooth fairy leave the money under the pillow like we do in the UK????
Or sometimes under a corner of the rug in the case of light sleepers!
Sounds like everything moving in the right direction anyway and we'll all be with you through treatment!
And you are definitely doing the right thing getting the family involved this time around--they'll spread the care around and are obviously loving--accept and concentrate on healing!
Brenda
Posted By: EzJim Re: Finally - 01-16-2008 07:23 PM
My family was involved the 1st time, just never came much to visit. I asked Barb about taking me tomorrow and got the usual I am busy doing something LOL Preacher offered again, I told him no that 1 of mine will go with me. Heck brenda,, I'll be fine , I just worry about my friends here feeling bad. I hope your meds have you feeling no pain. He leaves it under the pillow here too.
Posted By: scotslass Re: Finally - 01-16-2008 09:57 PM
Jim, good luck tomorrow, you seem to be a tough bird ( notice I did not say " old bird" LOL like my friend June this is another step towards recovery, hang in there.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Finally - 01-16-2008 11:14 PM
scotlass, i appreciate that LOL
Posted By: emmylou1951 Re: Finally - 01-16-2008 11:36 PM
Hi, Jim....you KNOW we're prayin' hard for 'ya~
A question please....how long will it be before you can get the implants?

Lois
Posted By: Sammie Re: Finally - 01-17-2008 01:55 AM
Best of British to ya Jim, we are all pulling for you!

The tooth fairy thing reminded me of something that happened a few years ago, My daughter had lost a tooth, and she put it under her pillow, that night I said to DH, its about time you were the tooth fairy....... next day My daughter ran into the bedroom clutching a fistfull of dollars (waaay more than I would have given her!)Look! she exclaimed I told her how lucky she was, and she replied, I must have got a trainee tooth fairy, she gave me alot of money AND left the tooth! She then went on to tell me she was going to leave it under her pillow again that night.......... Next morning she told me she got her old "tooth fairy" back as there was 50 cents and a note saying Sorry we forgot the tooth!

Mean mummy that I am!

Hope you get some cash too Jim!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Finally - 01-17-2008 08:57 AM

Jim:

Good luck, I will keep you in my prayers. Post an update when you can.

Posted By: davidcpa Re: Finally - 01-17-2008 09:52 AM
Jim,

I'm sure you'll do just fine. Post as soon as you feel up to it and tell us all the gory details.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Finally - 01-17-2008 10:55 AM
I meet with the Dr 7 days after today I guess it is.. he wants my family there for the meeting. I would get not long after I will get the implants. He wants it done as soon as possible.
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: Finally - 01-17-2008 10:57 AM
Hope the 'big-pull' went okay Jim, thinking of you!
Don't forget some grapes ready for when you can suck em!!
Brenda
Posted By: EzJim Re: Finally - 01-17-2008 09:51 PM
rre I arrived home at 7:30 and feel like those lil guys played a double header in there today. LOL I have a scrip fo an anitbiotic and one for vicadin. which I will have filled tomorrow. I still haven't come around, but sure did enjoy the people in OR,, we really had it going on until go to sleep interuppted LOL Even had th Dr going at it with us. I'm glad I can only do the tooth removal 1 time.. It does let you kn0w u r alive.. I gotta go lay down.. have a good nite all.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Finally - 01-18-2008 11:18 AM
Hope when you read this you are feeling a little better. If not just remember the first day or so will be your worse so hang in there, like what choice do you have? LOL with you.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Finally - 01-18-2008 01:57 PM
LOL David and Brenda,, you have me laughing.. The Drs office just called and wants to meet with my family and me on the 24th , next Thursday at 10AM. This will be something different LOL.. alone in isolation for 3 days , but out of it for most of the time. Can't be around anyone for those 3 days LOL.. I think I'll look like a small light bulb. Too much radiation to have anyone near me. Now if I can get my family to agree on the date and time, I am all set. These gums don't hurt too bad , but there sure is some nasty looking redstuff coming out of my mouth. It sure isn't cherry pop. LOL Take care all.
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: Finally - 01-18-2008 01:59 PM
Wake up, take the antibiotic and vicodon, get as much water down you as you can and go back off to sleep!
Sweet dreams Jim, one more hurdle over

Brenda
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Finally - 01-18-2008 04:15 PM

Hope you feel batter soon.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Finally - 01-18-2008 04:31 PM
Right now I feel much better. I did get a can of Carnation down as instructed by David LOL . Never did find a grape to suck the skin from tho. I've been taking the percs pretty much on time. I wash them down with theHyrocodone Elixr.. and then a swallow of water. Well, I washed and dried some clothes so I had better get at folding and makin them disappear . Later all and behave in here LOL Naw,, that would be no fun.
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: Finally - 01-18-2008 05:45 PM
You should really have a 'rubber ball' for your avatar Jim!
Certainly can't keep a good tiger down!
LOL---when you finish your laundry, want to come and start on mine??
Brenda
Posted By: EzJim Re: Finally - 01-18-2008 09:03 PM
Brenda. I'm on my way but I must warn you that every once in awhile some darks end up looking a little white. LOL I even ran the sweeper just to keep busy.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum