Posted By: Murphy New surgery - 10-19-2019 03:42 PM
Just had another surgery 8/23/19, tongue reconstruction and left radical neck dissection due to a new tumor on left side of tongue. Dr's said margins were clear and would not need chemo or additional rad treatments. From what I have been through I would not agree to chemo or rad treatments anyway. I am not going with anymore surgeries either..
Since I have been home from the hospital I have had sleeping problems, I was taking Ambien (1 1/2 years) before and during the hospital stay but did not seem to be working so good anymore. I went to my primary care physician yesterday and I got a new prescription for Temazepam 15mg, I slept pretty good last night with only 1 interuption during the night when before I was hardly sleeping at all.
My ENT was going to prescribe Valium for the occasional neck spasams that i get ( 1 morning it was so bad I could hardly move my neck) but we both forgot about it before I left. Now my primary care physician will not prescribe it with the sleeping pills. What can I do about the stiffness in my neck besides exercises and physical therapy ?
I was taking Cyclopenzaprine but it really didn't seem to be doing any good.
I do work with grinders, saws and other tools as well at home and i drive to. Maybe Valium would not be such a great idea.
Posted By: Michael Young Re: New surgery - 10-28-2019 10:25 AM
my neck still stiff after lots of physio-therapy, although bit better than before
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum