Posted By: Danbert Survivor guilt hitting hard today - 10-06-2023 08:52 PM
I've been absent from this forum for far longer than I intended. I was wanting to make a celebration post back in August when I hit my 10 year cancer free point, but life's distractions got the better of me. Today when the feelings started hitting hard I knew where I had to go.

When I joined this group ten years ago I was one of the younger patients at 29 years old, but a month later on this forum I met the family of an 18 year old who had the same diagnosis. Today marks the 9 year anniversary of her passing. So much has changed for me in those years. I now have 3 wonderful children, changed jobs a couple times, climbed the corporate ladder a bit at my current job. I feel like I'm in a good place in life, and she didn't get to experience any of it. They say grief comes in waves, but I was not expecting this tsunami today. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for here, maybe just a sounding board of people that would understand. Anyway, thanks for reading and the solidarity.
Posted By: steve l Re: Survivor guilt hitting hard today - 10-11-2023 03:35 PM
Hi Dan, thanks for sharing the thoughts. !0m years is a milestone. Congrads and hope the next 10 is as great

Has been quiet on the forum these days, stay well

Steve
Posted By: JamesD Re: Survivor guilt hitting hard today - 10-31-2023 03:41 AM
Seems like we were both going through the treatments at the same time. I am now 10 years out and felt led to check up on the site. We should be grateful every day that we survived and not take a moment for granted. Live life to the fullest my friend.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum