Posted By: Benni Officially diagnosed - 12-04-2021 05:05 PM
My ENT called 2 days ago with my biopsy results. I do have oral cancer -- squamous cell I guess it's called --???.
I'm choosing to forego chemo/radiation. He will put a pain management team on my case.
My main pain is sore mouth/tongue, earache, and bottom lip feels like I have a cold sore. But there's nothing there. Hurts to talk or eat.

I can use some support and any info needed to make this journey less frightening.

(The introduction thread that I first posted -- I had to check the forum to see if I had any replies. I'm pretty sure I have it checked to receive an email for replies. But I didn't ever get one. What do I do to get that feature?)
Posted By: EileenL Re: Officially diagnosed - 12-07-2021 02:09 AM
Hi, Benni. I am so sorry about your diagnosis and that you have not gotten any replies. My husband never got any either but I did when I posted as a caregiver. Maybe a glitch? This must be a scary time for you. I don’t know if I can be of any help, but I just wanted you to know that someone is thinking of you. If I can help, just let me know. Best wishes.
Posted By: Benni Re: Officially diagnosed - 12-07-2021 01:02 PM
Thank you!
Posted By: Jdouble7 Re: Officially diagnosed - 11-28-2022 06:45 PM
How are you? Any improvements? Sending good vibes, hope you're well 💙
Posted By: Dizz_zzey Re: Officially diagnosed - 01-01-2023 10:47 PM
Hello Benni,

How are you doing?
Posted By: Jdouble7 Re: Officially diagnosed - 01-23-2023 08:19 PM
Are you interested in exploring treatment options before moving forward? You deserve to have all the information involved before making such a huge decision. There are many amazing survivors here that have had a similar situation to stare down and managed to get through it extraordinary well. If you feel content with your life and comfortable in your path though that is wonderful. If on the edge I think you have a wonderful shot at beating this.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum