Posted By: Jo in NC New gel out for extreme dry mouth ! - 02-24-2017 05:52 AM
Saw my oncologist about two weeks ago for follow up on my extreme dry mouth and throat. He told me of a new prescription medication manufactured in Switzerland with no side effects.....except to the pocket as it is very, very expensive. It is called GelClair. He told me he would fill out the paperwork for a discount. I told him I would not qualify for low income but he wanted to send it in anyway.

About three days later I got a call from a national pharmaceutical company saying since the doctor wrote that my case was severe they called the manufacturer who told them to send me a 1 month supply with another 1 month refill. They overnighted the package and there was no cost to me at all. It is an amazing miracle !

The very thick gel comes in 1 dose packets that you mix with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water. I have a very small mouth so I mix it in the morning in a small container and can use it three times a day. Although I have not needed it more than twice a day. It tastes like black licorice to me. I have never had so much relief from the burning and pain! So, this two month supply will last me six plus months ! It can't get any better than this !

If you are experiencing a dry, burning mouth and throat please check with your oncologist about ordering this product.

If you need more info, let me know.
Posted By: MrsW Re: New gel out for extreme dry mouth ! - 02-26-2017 12:30 AM
hi Jo in NC...
thank you for sharing this information. but mostly... awesome for you getting relief and benefit!!Great oncologist for keeping abreast of new products and doing right by patients.

Ya think with us putting satelittes up , spaceships etc.... we could do better in producing substantial resources to help people with side effects and do so without other bad side effects or costs
sounds like a great product!
Posted By: pattie Re: New gel out for extreme dry mouth ! - 03-03-2017 02:37 PM
Great Doctor. Glad you have found some relief. The only answer I get when I mention a problem is "your alive". I will definitely check into this. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: New gel out for extreme dry mouth ! - 03-03-2017 11:47 PM
Jo in NC - GelClair has been around for over 10 years. I used it in 2006 post radiation, but it may have been new then. It did help! I tried just about every dry mouth and radiation ulcer medication on the market and this was one of the better ones. I'm glad that you are having success with it.
Posted By: Jo in NC Re: New gel out for extreme dry mouth ! - 03-04-2017 07:06 PM
Oh my ! I thought it was new! But it is pretty darn good stuff !
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum