Posted By: kenswife Thanksgiving - 11-20-2012 03:50 PM
This is our second year without Ken and it will still be hard but I remember just being so numb last year. I know there are a few of you on this board where it will be your first major holiday without your loved one. I just wanted to wish you the best day possible. I hope you find a way to enjoy the day a little bit and be thankful for the time you had with our loved one. I know we talk about Ken all day since he was such a foodie and football guy! It was one of his favorites and we continue to honor him with old and new traditions.
I am thankful for this forum and all of you - it is so nice to have a place to go where others "get it".
Posted By: debandbill Re: Thanksgiving - 11-21-2012 01:13 AM
Jill,

Wishing you the best for the holidays..I know that they will be bitter sweet but I hope you can look into your daughter's eyes and see that a part of your hubby lives on to celebrate the holidays and really...everyday.

We are glad that you come back from time to time and let us know how you are doing.

Regards, Deb

Posted By: ChristineB Re: Thanksgiving - 11-21-2012 10:20 PM
What a nice post, Jill!!! Holidays can be very hard on families when they have lost a loved one.

Wishing you the best Thanksgiving that you and your little one are able to have!

Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: Thanksgiving - 11-22-2012 07:20 PM
Jill, Hope all goes well and have the best Thanksgiving as possible!!! Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: aimlee311 Re: Thanksgiving - 11-24-2012 11:41 PM
Thanks for this post, Jill! I wish I'd checked in sooner! This Thanksgiving was our first family holiday without my mom... and to boot, we buried my mom's mom the day before! Talk about a rough year! I was doing fine until my brother in laws mom said grace and mentioned my mom. A wave of grief came out of nowhere and I lost it. My moms absence was just SO obvious, and nobody had mentioned her until then. It was so appreciated, but so very sad for me too. Her gravestone was just put in last week too so the emotions have been flowing...

I'm not sure I'm ready for December. My first birthday w/out her is Dec 11; she always made it as special as possible to make up for it being 2 weeks before xmas. And I can't even begin to think about xmas...

I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum