Posted By: Sully Greetings - New Member - 04-05-2015 05:36 AM
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum. Don't know why it took me a year to join but here I am. Recently passed the 1-year anniversary of the beginning of the journey, and my how my perspective has changed. Finished treatment in mid-July. Battled fatigue for quite some time. Feeling more energized now. First scans in Oct '14 came back "NED". Next set of scans in two weeks. I've learned to roll with the punches! Happy to be here.
Posted By: tamvonk Re: Greetings - New Member - 04-05-2015 05:53 AM
Hello Patrick. Welcome to this very supportive and informative group.
It sounds like you are doing well. Thinking positively for you next scan,
Tammy
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Greetings - New Member - 04-05-2015 12:22 PM
Welcome to OCF! Glad you found our group to help you with info and support. Great work on your signature! Thanks!!!
Posted By: PJE Re: Greetings - New Member - 04-05-2015 02:43 PM
Hi Patrick. I've only been a member for eight days, and have already found a lot of support here. My diagnosis is pretty similar to yours, as is the treatment plan. But I'm a year behind you so will be really interested in your experiences. Welcome to the group.
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: Greetings - New Member - 04-06-2015 01:29 PM
Hi, You will find lots of support here just watch your 6 and keep in the recon mode to keep this in check. Keep up the good fight!! Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: ChrisN Re: Greetings - New Member - 04-06-2015 03:32 PM
Semper Fi!

Warrior in every sense of the word
Posted By: Sully Re: Greetings - New Member - 04-07-2015 05:01 AM
PJE -

I am happy to discuss my treatment in detail if you have any questions. I will say that reading patient forums early on scared the hell out of me early on. Treatment options have really changed quite a bit over the past 5-10 years so do your homework. Compared to many others, my treatment was easy. I had robotic tonsillectomy and 6 weeks of proton rads. There are still side effects with protons but, generally, not as severe as IMRT. Hit me up if I can help.
Posted By: Sully Re: Greetings - New Member - 04-07-2015 05:03 AM
Thanks to all for your welcome messages! I'm happy to be living the new "normal".

Semper Fidelis!
Posted By: donfoo Re: Greetings - New Member - 04-07-2015 10:16 AM
Welcome Patrick!

This is a unique and wonderful place to receive and share support and experiences. It only exists with active members so each one is valued.

Glad you joined and welcome to this special club. Don
Posted By: sophie theriault Re: Greetings - New Member - 04-12-2015 04:37 PM
Hi Patrick! Its a great group, there is always someone here to answer or listen compassionatly.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum