Posted By: kimt30 waiting for biopsy results - 06-19-2002 10:05 PM
im 30yrs old and waiting for biopsy results of a lesion on my tongue. i first complained to my dentist that my teeth were rubbing on my tongue. he took a closer look and noticed a white spot on the left lateral tongue. he asked how long has it been there? i didnt even know. we waited to see if it would heal, it never did. i had a brush biopsy done at the dentist office and it came back negative. i went to my primary care physican and he suggested a 2nd opinion with an ENT doctor. I had another biopsy done on friday. in which he took tissue from the site. now im finding it very difficult to eat and talk since my teeth rub on the site. i will get results on friday. i dont smoke and never did. im feeling pretty anxious and cant wait for results.
Posted By: Donna Re: waiting for biopsy results - 06-20-2002 01:27 AM
Hi Kim........I don't think there is anything worse than the waiting and wondering of recent test results. Hang tight, Friday will be here before you know it! I'm glad your primary care physician requested that you get a second opinion; not that that means anything negative or bad, but it is better to be safe than sorry. I'm sure there are many of us here who wished someone had told us to get second opinions. Keep us posted on your results! Good luck! SIncerely, Donna
Posted By: kimt30 Re: waiting for biopsy results - 06-20-2002 01:38 AM
Hi Donna, thanks for the support. I am just so scared. Im trying to hang tough for everyone. But what I really want to do is scream. Life is not fair. Just when you think you are doing everything by the book to take care of yourself.
Posted By: Midwest Gal Re: waiting for biopsy results - 06-20-2002 01:44 PM
Hang in there, Kim. Friday will be here tomorrow and then you'll know. The fear is the worst. Whatever happens or doesn't happen, this isn't your fault. It's nothing you did wrong.
Posted By: youngerag Re: waiting for biopsy results - 06-21-2002 10:46 AM
Hi Kim,

The waiting is never easy. But today is Friday and you will know by days end the results. Take care and try to take it easy. I know that is easy to say and hard to do. Please let us know the results.

Anne.
Posted By: kimt30 Re: waiting for biopsy results - 06-25-2002 08:02 PM
Hi everyone, hope I didnt keep you hanging. I went out of town, but by friday before I left I still didnt have any results. And I still dont. The nurse said by wednesday. Im still hanging in there and thanks for the thoughts smile
Posted By: kimt30 Re: waiting for biopsy results - 07-04-2002 01:32 PM
I finally got results "NEGATIVE". It was severe irritated tissue. The next step is getting my molars shaved a little so the tissue isnt irritated by my teeth. Im glad this is the only pain I had to go through. That is such a relief off my mind. Thanks for the kind words and support. I wish everyone the best, thanks for listening.
Posted By: Brooke Re: waiting for biopsy results - 07-05-2002 12:04 AM
HOORAY for you Kim!!!!!! So wonderful to hear the great news!!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum