Posted By: Maria New Member - Caregiver to Survivor - 07-16-2011 03:26 PM
Greetings,
I have followed this site closely through my husband's treatment and continued recoverly, and am greatful to all the good members for their thoughtful, informative and supportive posts. I didn't have the emotional energy to post earlier - but decided that I should register when I ran into a question actually answer! My husband is doing well, I am doing better, and we are enjoying each day as best we can.
Posted By: Deejer47 Re: New Member - Caregiver to Survivor - 07-16-2011 09:30 PM
Welcome, Maria.I'm so happy that your husband is doing well. I'm sure you'll here this often but being a caregiver is one stressful job. Plenty of support here.
Posted By: David2 Re: New Member - Caregiver to Survivor - 07-16-2011 10:33 PM
Maria, thanks for writing to all of us. I'm so glad to hear that your husband is doing better and had a clear PET. I wish you both continued health and a great life together!
Posted By: EzJim Re: New Member - Caregiver to Survivor - 07-18-2011 12:38 PM
Good morning Maria and welcome aboard. I believe you caregivers at times have it much worse than we that have this blasted stuff. I would bet that with by your mans side that he suffered much less with you holding the reins and helping guide him.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New Member - Caregiver to Survivor - 07-18-2011 02:33 PM
Welcome to the forum Maria! Glad to hear you both got thru the treatments and are doing ok. Your experiences will be able to help many others.
Posted By: Maria Re: New Member - Caregiver to Survivor - 07-18-2011 03:49 PM
Thank-you for all of your kind replies. Knowing that I could be of help to my husband got me through the darkest days, and made me feel less helpless. One of my younger friends - currently doing a fellowship in pediatric oncology - encouraged me to learn as much as possible about the disease, and told that "with cancer, there are no stupid questions." Communication with one's doctors is SO important - I hope that maybe I can encourage that.
Posted By: SUEZ Re: New Member - Caregiver to Survivor - 07-18-2011 04:01 PM
Hmmm...I thought I posted a welcome to you, maybe on another posting? If it didn't go thru than "Welcome" and I asked where in OH are you from?
Posted By: Eshwar N Re: New Member - Caregiver to Survivor - 07-18-2011 05:55 PM
Good to see that your husband is recovering now.

Only suggestion that I have is to go for repeat PET maybe an year from now. IMRT makes is difficult for MO evaluation of the post-irradiated neck.

Wish you both a continued health and a great life together.
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: New Member - Caregiver to Survivor - 07-19-2011 08:23 AM
Hi Maria!

I'm glad to hear you and your husband came through the tunnel and are back to enjoying life. Best wishes to him for his recovery and his transition from patient to survivor. Sending you wishes for peace.

Sandy
xoxox
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum