Posted By: MarkInOregon Still "some uptake" on follow up PET - 11-07-2009 07:16 AM
The Rad onc called today. There was still some activity on my follow-up PET last week. They want to wait to get the pathology from the biopsies they will do during my neck dissection next week before they formulate a "plan". Good news: at least the cancer hasn't spread in any way.

Sigh.
Posted By: Kelly211 Re: Still "some uptake" on follow up PET - 11-08-2009 08:17 PM
Mark,

My RO wants to wait at least 3 months before a PET as he said site would most likely remain fairly hot while the healing process takes place. I am scheduled for two visits 1 month and 2 months out but no PET for at least 3 months.

Kelly
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Still "some uptake" on follow up PET - 11-09-2009 02:51 PM
I never had a PET post Tx.
Posted By: Bobster Re: Still "some uptake" on follow up PET - 11-15-2009 03:30 AM
Kelly,
My post tx PET was 3 months+. Waiting will minimize false positives common to PET scans.
Bob
Posted By: Ray in Texas Re: Still "some uptake" on follow up PET - 11-20-2009 08:45 PM
My CT scan was two months after treatment and the PET was four for the same reason the Bobster posted - false positives do happen.

It takes awhile for your body to rid itself of the dead cancer cells. Are your lymph nodes still getting smaller?

Posted By: MarkInOregon Re: Still "some uptake" on follow up PET - 11-22-2009 07:10 AM
well my lymph nodes were getting smaller. Now they are gone. Made it through the neck dissection. Biopsy on the BOT was negative, still waiting for the pathology on the lymph nodes.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum