Posted By: tamvonk Collagen - the answer to a leaky problem. - 05-16-2013 10:11 PM
Kris had Restalyn, a collagen substance injected around his Trache oesophageal puncture last Saturday.
Today he went back to the ENT. The hole had closed up well and they have inserted a new prosthesis.
Yay he has speech again. And after 3 months of PEG feeding and aspirating he can take fluids by mouth again. No leaks.
They will change the prosthesis again in 6 weeks to avoid colonization with Candida ( yeast ). The ENT says Yeast damages the tissues and is probably the cause of all the trouble.
So happy, Tammy
Posted By: Uptown Re: Collagen - the answer to a leaky problem. - 05-17-2013 12:41 AM
Glad things ar going better!
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Collagen - the answer to a leaky problem. - 05-17-2013 03:12 AM
That's awesome!
Posted By: PaulB Re: Collagen - the answer to a leaky problem. - 05-17-2013 02:23 PM
Sounds like progress. During my scope last week, my ENT said my voice box is not moving like it should, and is effecting my voice, probably from so much radiation. He is sending me to an associate who does Collagen injections for voice box augmentation, which should make my voice stronger.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum