Posted By: Kelly211 PET Scan Results - 12-04-2012 11:39 PM
I had my 6 month post treatment PET scan yesterday and it was CLEAN.

It was a little over 9 months ago that University of Michigan said there was nothing more to be done for me. They even had me in the RO's office with the paperwork in my hands ready to start me on palative chemo. Lucky for me that I had already sought out other options and turned them down. They said the average time left for smile people at my stage was 9 months with the chemo. That timeline would put me underground about now

I am very relieved. This is the one I was waiting for as any small cells that survived treatment would be showing up about now. I am now on the 3 month checkup schedule again but breathing so much easier.
Posted By: PaulB Re: PET Scan Results - 12-05-2012 12:43 AM
Congratulations!
Posted By: debandbill Re: PET Scan Results - 12-05-2012 01:17 AM
Kelly, thank god you were stubborn enough to seek other opinions after such a dire diagnosis. I always worry about those who blindly accept such opinions and don't try to see if there is something else out there.

So happy for that clean scan...congrats,

Deb
Posted By: Cheryld Re: PET Scan Results - 12-05-2012 04:10 AM
Woooooooot!!!!!
Posted By: nocam Re: PET Scan Results - 12-05-2012 05:08 AM
Kelly

I have not seen you here for a while and have been very concerned. I knew you were to have a scan done about this time and I have been hoping to hear some good news and I have now heard it. That is great news!!!! Did you go to Pittsburgh for the pet scan? I am back in Georgia getting weekly Erbitux treatments. Ihave 4 to go. About a month after the last chemo I will get a pet. I so hope it will be clear but I go forward with fear for if Pittsburgh did not get it an awful surgery will follow.
Posted By: Kelly211 Re: PET Scan Results - 12-05-2012 07:48 AM
Nocam,

Yes I went to Pittsburgh. Dr. Heron and Dr. Ohr told me to send you their greetings and best wishes.

I slowed down on the posting as I cought a nasty viral infection in my sinuses. That caused post nasal drip that seeped down my throat and caused inflamation in the thoat and vocal chords. Given the amount of radiation they just recieved I can tell you I was very uncomfortable. I could hardly speek for a week. Luckly we got that under control before the PET or I would have had to postpone it.

For now I am very happy with the results and my voice is rapidly improving. All is good!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: PET Scan Results - 12-05-2012 02:01 PM
Just goes to show.... CONGRATS!!!!!!
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: PET Scan Results - 12-05-2012 02:17 PM
Kelly

YES. GREAT NEWS. Since you are the Gold medal winner in the GY Olympics, this is validation of never giving up. It's a blessing to have you posting here this Christmas season, reporting that your PET scan is all clear and that your incredible persistence has paid off. Way to go brother.
Charm
Posted By: Kelly211 Re: PET Scan Results - 12-05-2012 09:15 PM
Charm,

How are you doing. I assume your latest round of radiation has finished. Any word from your doctors on when they will be doing a scan? You, I and Nocam are the three reccurent guys who are getting Stereotactic treatment. I would like to see us batting 1000 and go three for three in our scans. Nocam should have his first PET in about 6 weeks. How about you?
Posted By: aimlee311 Re: PET Scan Results - 12-05-2012 10:34 PM
GREAT NEWS! Congrats and happy holidays!
Posted By: KP5 Re: PET Scan Results - 12-06-2012 02:09 AM
Awesome news Kelly!! Nice to hear the happy things too! Keeps everyone hopeful. Merry Christmas!
Kathy
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: PET Scan Results - 12-06-2012 06:38 AM
Kelly,

Absolutely wonderful news! Now you can really enjoy the holidays!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum