Posted By: helen.c chemo-brain - 05-23-2009 10:37 PM
As my OH has dementia, I have joined another forum.
What has come up as a topic is can chemo-brain lead to dementia or Alzheimer's disease..

NOT THAT I AM EXPECTING ANY OF MY FRIENDS HERE TO DEVOLOP THIS.

Just after scientific research, for or against..

Sunshine.. love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: EzJim Re: chemo-brain - 05-24-2009 11:43 AM
The only peoblem I have with A brain problem is my life gone from my memory bank from THe period back from Feb 29 2008 back thru some where around the 1st part of that year, I remember nothing and try everything I know, It isn't too great for the latter part of 2007. I have one trying to tell me that it's jusy an axcuse. LOL THat is one that lost the power to think clearly. I hope some day I regain this period of my life , even partially would be good and then just maybe it would gradually return . I hope this helps you a little.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: chemo-brain - 05-24-2009 12:01 PM
Helen,

Nice to hear from you again and I'm all for any research that may help my memory in the future. Heck I need that help today.
Posted By: Ray1971 Re: chemo-brain - 05-24-2009 04:15 PM
i didn't have any chemo but throughout and a little time after my rad txs it was like my head was in a fog...and my balance wasn't exactly right.

hey..what was this thread about?
Posted By: helen.c Re: chemo-brain - 05-24-2009 04:20 PM
Ray

Mainly should people with Alzhiemers be given chemo, ie will the efect on their memory be to detremental on their life

Sunshine.. love and hugs
helen
Posted By: EzJim Re: chemo-brain - 05-24-2009 10:00 PM
Geez Helen, next time I read better.
Posted By: EzJim Re: chemo-brain - 05-24-2009 10:01 PM
I read it right thinking can it cause those things,, I'll let you know on my 100th B Day
Posted By: Ray1971 Re: chemo-brain - 05-25-2009 02:36 AM
hmmm...i read it wrong too...i must still be in a fog..or maybe i was always in a fog..lol...
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: chemo-brain - 05-25-2009 10:08 PM
Helen

In checking out clinical trials on resveratrol because of a Sixty minutes repeat last night that I though was new, I came across the NIH website NIH search clinical trials and found two studies on treating Alzheimer's disease with resveratrol. Not exactly on point to your request, but tangentially relevant.
Alzheimers clinical trials
Hope your OH is doing well and best wishes
charm
Posted By: helen.c Re: chemo-brain - 05-26-2009 08:12 AM
Thanks Charm
My OH is doing fine, because he doesn't remember that he forgets everything, he's fine..

My patience is wearing a bit thin though

Sunshine.. love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: wilckdds Re: chemo-brain - 05-27-2009 03:00 AM
Hi Helen,

Nice to see you posting again, but sorry to hear about your OH's dementia.

Hope you are doing well yourself.

Jerry
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum