Posted By: Daniel Bogan Scan Results in - 10-05-2005 10:12 AM
Hello All,

Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers for a good report. It's so nice to know so many of you are pulling for me. Ditto!!!

The report showed the tumor in the right tonsil area continues to grow. "The lesion remains approximately 26mm, with a maximum AP diameter of the major right parapharyngeal mass at 25mm. The craniocaudalextent has increased to 38.5mm. There is clearly an increase in the amount of soft tissue laterally, with increased componet lateral to the eustachian tube. There may be a small amount of necrosis within the lesion"

All in all not a great report. I have switched chemo drugs once again. I am now on Vinblastine
(Velban) to be infused every other week.I notice
slightly more pain on the right side deep within my neck. I have been on pallative chemo for 17 months now. I still consider myself a survivor!!!

Love Ya All, Danny Boy
Posted By: Kris Re: Scan Results in - 10-05-2005 10:22 AM
Danny-
You most certainly are our number one survivor! A cyber hug to you and I pray for you daily. Love to my friend, Kris
Posted By: Carol L Re: Scan Results in - 10-05-2005 10:27 AM
Danny Boy, you are our number one survivor! God Bless you and I will continue to keep you in my prayers...Love you very much, Carol
Posted By: jmtlc Re: Scan Results in - 10-05-2005 11:01 AM
Danny,
May you live in a peace beyond our understanding as you go forward. All journeys start with one thing - courage!
Love, Janet
Posted By: Tami Re: Scan Results in - 10-05-2005 01:40 PM
Danny-
I will have you in my prayers that this new chemo "kicks some cancer butt". I have been thinking of you and checking each day for your update. I started getting nervous when I did not see your results posted on Monday. Best wishes for good response with your treatment.
Tami
Posted By: Eileen Re: Scan Results in - 10-05-2005 01:59 PM
Danny,
Not exactly what you wanted to hear but am glad you are going to continue on new chemo. Let's us know how you fare on this one. They keep coming up with new stuff everyday so we can keep hoping. Your an inspiration to everyone.

Love ya,
Eileen
Posted By: aussieh Re: Scan Results in - 10-05-2005 05:53 PM
Dear Danny
What an inspiration you are to us all. Your positive attitude shines through cyberspace. Always thinking of you and your family.

Love to you from Helen
Posted By: minniea Re: Scan Results in - 10-05-2005 06:29 PM
Danny,
Who knows what the future holds for any of us. Keep on fighting the good fight, my God isn't done with you yet.
Love,
Minnie
Posted By: larryfb Re: Scan Results in - 10-05-2005 07:48 PM
hey Danny,

best wishes that the chemo does its task, for a very long time...

better get in all the golf you can before the real cold weather rolls in.

cu,
larryb
Posted By: bobb131 Re: Scan Results in - 10-05-2005 08:59 PM
Danny,

Keep fighting! We all love you and my family will keep you at the top of the prayer list.

Love, Barb (bobbi)
Posted By: JAM Re: Scan Results in - 10-05-2005 09:09 PM
Danny, Start negotiations with the Velban folks for a mulitmillion $ contract to be their spokesperson for the next 20 yrs. So many people love and admire you. Amy
Posted By: Nelie Re: Scan Results in - 10-05-2005 10:03 PM
Danny, you are an inspirational survivor as far as I'm concerned. As others have said, new things are always in the pipeline so there is no reason to give up hope yet--I hope this new drug nukes those cancer calls out of there. Nelie
Posted By: Uptown Re: Scan Results in - 10-05-2005 10:30 PM
Danny Boy,

Thank you for the update. You have been heavy on my heart the past few days. Not only are you a survivor and an inspiration to all of us, you are the most courageous warrior I know! I know I speak for each and every person that has come in contact with you on this forum, if there is anything you need, please feel free to ask. It is truly an honor to call you my friend.

I pray for His comfort and peace for you and for Him to continue to fill your heart with love. Give my love to the family.

Your friend,

Ed
Posted By: Marica Re: Scan Results in - 10-05-2005 10:54 PM
Hi Danny
I guess not exactly the results we had hoped for Danny Boy but....just another time consuming round of treatments....don`t these Doc`s know how busy you are going to be with your fund raising efforts!
You have a lot of work to do Danny, we will let science do it`s part while we get on with the important stuff.
So, guys, ....just give us all your money ...it will make Danny`s job so much easier!

Good suggestion Amy...Danny the poster boy!

lots of love
Marica
Posted By: Dolores Re: Scan Results in - 10-06-2005 05:30 AM
Danny,
I haven't posted here in ages, but...
thinking of you and wishing you the best.
Posted By: Lee W Re: Scan Results in - 10-06-2005 09:10 AM
Hi Danny,
I'm sorry you did not receive better news. Try to be strong and find peace knowng you are doing all that you can and that Lee and I are thinking of you often.
Doren
Posted By: Lee W Re: Scan Results in - 10-06-2005 09:10 AM
Hi Danny,
I'm sorry you did not receive better news. Try to be strong and find peace knowng you are doing all that you can and that Lee and I are thinking of you often.
Doren
Posted By: Andrea Re: Scan Results in - 10-06-2005 02:24 PM
Danny, Hang in there. You've got True Grit, and it shows in the posts and comments you have written. I'll keep you in my thoughts in the coming days, hoping the new drug works it's miracles.

Andrea
Posted By: John 618 Re: Scan Results in - 10-06-2005 03:42 PM
Keep swinging my friend. You inspire me and all others on this board.

In my prayers.

John
Posted By: maz334 Re: Scan Results in - 10-06-2005 04:19 PM
stay positive danny boy,god bless you and give you strengh to bare treatment hugs an prayers your way ...maz
Posted By: helen.c Re: Scan Results in - 10-06-2005 04:43 PM
OK Danny Boy
Time to dig deep into your inner resolve, I know this was not what you wanted to hear. BUT you can do this, my Mom would have given anything for one chance at remmision, so Danny-Boy my footsteps are side by side with yours.
Prayers and Candles
Sunshine... love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: Sherrie Lynn Re: Scan Results in - 10-07-2005 09:28 AM
Danny, you and your family are never far from my thoughts.
Have not been posting lately, Dan lost his job after 15 years, new management, they got rid of all managers. Well needless to say he had a hard time finding a job, he thinks people discriminate when they look at him, which I am sure they do. He finally found a job, but it has stinky insurance, which is not good......I keep telling myself that we are the lucky ones right now. He is alive and doing well (knock on wood)
I think about you all the time Danny, I hope you are feeling strong. I just wanted to say hi and let your know we are thinking of you always.
Sherrie and Dan
Posted By: mellay Re: Scan Results in - 10-08-2005 10:20 AM
Danny,

Keep fighting. You are an inspiration to all of us!
Posted By: rickt Re: Scan Results in - 10-08-2005 11:06 AM
Danny Boy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you as well. It is SO true that you are an inspiration to all who visit this site! God bless and best wishes!!! Thank you for all that you give to this site.
Posted By: didier Re: Scan Results in - 10-08-2005 06:10 PM
Dan,
It was good talking with you yesterday. Without question, you're an inspiration. You're in my thoughts, buddy. Let's talk again soon.
Dave
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: Scan Results in - 10-09-2005 08:42 PM
All I can think of to say is: Thank You All!!!
I can't properly express in a posting what it means to have so many members pulling for me. I tend to wear my emotions on my shirt sleeves. It is who I am.
I plan on being around a long time!!! Sending all of you a HUGE smile CYBER HUG!!!! smile

Best Wishes to All, Danny Boy
Posted By: digtexas Re: Scan Results in - 10-10-2005 02:39 PM
Danny,
I will be thinking of you, and of course,pulling hard for you. I am proud to be your friend.

Danny G.
Posted By: Robr Re: Scan Results in - 10-10-2005 03:15 PM
Danny,

Keep fighting man. Were all pulling for you.

Peace and love.

GO PACK!!!!!!
Posted By: John N Re: Scan Results in - 10-10-2005 04:03 PM
Danny
Thanks for the update. You have been so helpfull, just keep on pushing and hope this chemo is the right one.
Posted By: Terry B. Re: Scan Results in - 10-10-2005 06:45 PM
Danny

You are such a blessing to this site!!! You need to be around for a long time so put up a hard fight. My prayers are with you!
Love
Terry
Posted By: Fran B. Re: Scan Results in - 10-11-2005 10:22 AM
Hi Danny; I have come to believe that the strength of a positive attitude and faith based trust can stem the tide of almost anything. You are one of these strong and resolute people. Please know that as much as you have helped so many of us, we support you as well. Go Danny!
All the best,
Fran B.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum