Posted By: EzJim cancer insurance - 01-21-2008 11:33 PM
One smart thig I did do was buy Cancer Insurance from a company in Omaha Neb. about 3 yrs ago. This is one of the better things I've done. I have collected way more than I'll ever pay to have it. Someone , up there ^^ guides me into some very good moves. I called today to tell them about the reoccurnce and was just told to send more itemized statements as I get them.
Posted By: Dr. Mike Re: cancer insurance - 01-21-2008 11:46 PM
EzJim,
I was approached by an insurance company 4 months prior to being diagnosed with cancer. In Canada, it is called critical illness insurance. It has very low payments with huge payouts. I turned it down. I was 27, bullet proof and invincible. How dumb I was? I'm glad you made the right decision.
My only advice to anyone on this type of insurance is to read the policy carefully before you sign up. Some have extensive limitation clauses and actually cover very little while others are very good. It may also be wise to have a lawyer look at the policy for you.
At any rate, it can be a very good product.
Cheers,

Mike
Posted By: EzJim Re: cancer insurance - 01-22-2008 12:22 AM
I won't give the Name of the Ins co. on here , but it is a well known CO. I only pay $27.90 every 3 months.. I would reccomend them to anyone after the way I have been treated. Too bad you didn't get it Dr Mike, It is well worth it.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum