Posted By: Lynn Update - 04-15-2004 07:54 PM
I have felt terrible the last few days, so I haven't posted in a while. The biospy came back positive for SCC in the lungs as I had feared. Not very many treatment options available. Two offered up with only a 10-20% effective rate. No cure just a reduction in tumor growth. I have decided no more treatment for me. I am trying some nutritional things along with some supplements. I was away from my family for 2 months in search of the best treatment at MDACC, and look where I am. I don't think I want to spend anymore time away from them in search of the panacea for this disgusting disease. Don't look at it as giving up, I feel I am surrendering to God's will. This cancer has reoccurred so fast in such a short period of time that I am beginning to feel like the cancer has a purpose and that purpose is to take me home. Sorry if this sounds too morbid, but it's how I feel. My family is supportive, but also hopeful that I'll have some continued good days. We're still praying for a cure, but it may be the ultimate cure for me that God has in mind.

Thanks for all your support!

Still hopeful,
Lynn
Posted By: Gary Re: Update - 04-15-2004 08:11 PM
God bless you Lynn - you'll be in my daily prayers, as well as your family.
Posted By: Debbie Domer/Caregiver Re: Update - 04-15-2004 08:44 PM
Oh Lynn,
I have been praying so hard for no mets in the lungs for you. As we have discussed before, God has a plan for our lives, but it is a hard one when we might think it's to go home so early in life. I will pray that God allows a miracle in your life to take away this cancer. Please feel free to email me anytime...you are in my prayers everyday, along with your family!
Love and prayers,
Debbie
Posted By: Darrell G. Rakestraw Re: Update - 04-15-2004 09:30 PM
Lynn
Your decision is to be respected. Your statement "God's Will," is operative here. Meanwhile you have the love, respect, and prayers of my family and friends.
Posted By: Judy U Re: Update - 04-15-2004 10:57 PM
Oh Lynn,
I admire your bravery in the face of the dread disease. I know you don't "feel" very brave but, trust me, you are. There is always hope.....remember that and know that you are in our prayers.
We love you
Judy U
Posted By: JOAN Re: Update - 04-16-2004 08:13 AM
Lynn
I don't understand this terrible disease. It breaks my heart for you & your family. I know this guy here in Eastern NC that was told he had 6 months, he refused to believe the Dr. he believed in God, that was about 8 years ago and he is the 1st person I ran to after my cancer was found. I am suppose to be stage 4 and I am 3yrs. out. I do believe in prayer and was on prayer list all over the US and Canada. I will be praying for you and ask that my church and others keep you in their prayers.
Posted By: Carol L Re: Update - 04-16-2004 08:40 AM
Dear Lynn, God Bless You and Keep you, you are a brave person....I will keep praying for you, Keep Looking Up to Our Lord for peace. Love, Carol
Posted By: PackersVoice Re: Update - 04-16-2004 11:12 AM
may Buddha hold you in the Palm of his Hand......Love and Prayers................Dee
Posted By: Marica Re: Update - 04-16-2004 11:56 AM
Lynn,
Doctors have been known to be wrong...Joan is a perfect example... we will more than likely see you in Vegas.. keep the faith .. and may your God go with you.
Marica
Posted By: gnelson Re: Update - 04-16-2004 11:57 AM
Bless you in all you do. I would choose to spend my time close to family and friends also.
Posted By: Lynn Re: Update - 04-16-2004 01:50 PM
Thank you all so much for your support and words of love and kindness. I almost expected to be blasted for not seeking more treatment, but I think you all have been able to see in my heart through my words!! I'll keep you all updated as I can.

God bless you and your families!!!
Thanks to Brian for starting this incredible forum. You have started a legacy for others to be blessed by for years to come.

Lynn
Posted By: Uptown Re: Update - 04-16-2004 08:16 PM
Lynn,

It is great to see you back. I missed you! Of course, nobody will judge you for your decision but we all will do anything to support you in any way you need it.

May God Bless you and your family.

Ed
Posted By: justlilomee Re: Update - 04-17-2004 08:25 AM
Lynn
I have thought of you many times over the last week and have prayed for you.You will continue to be in my prayers.Believe in miracles
Posted By: Brett Re: Update - 04-20-2004 11:55 AM
Lynn,

You have been in my thoughts. I have often wondered what I would do were I to find myself in your shoes and chances are I would choose a path similar to the one you've chosen. I definately understand and respect your decision. I'll be hoping you find the best of luck with this.

-Brett
Posted By: Carol L Re: Update - 04-20-2004 02:47 PM
Lynn, you have been on my mind today, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. THINK POSITIVE!!!!!!!God has a plan for all of us, it will be revealed to us one day. I know my words could never provide any sort of comfort to you, but I am praying for your complete healing. Carol
Posted By: Kris Re: Update - 04-20-2004 04:08 PM
Lynn-

I'm praying that your faith will continue to grow during this time and that you and your family will have peace during this journey. God will give you the wisdom to know the path to follow for treatment to make the journey easier for all of you. We see the knots from below the tapestry of life, but God sees the beautiful picture from up above. We'll be with you every step of the way! Share with us so we can share your ultimate victory! Love and prayers, Kris
Posted By: DanielleO Re: Update - 04-20-2004 04:48 PM
Lynn,

You have been in my thoughts and prayers daily. You are truly a strong and corageous woman that I admire immensely for your strength. If there is anything that I can do for you please feel free to ask. I will be hoping for that miracle and keeping you in my prayers....

Danielle
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum