Posted By: lakehouse Ron's passing - 02-25-2003 07:35 AM
With incrediable saddness and disbelief, I must inform you all that my husband, Ron, passed away yesterday, Feb 24th. He was 54. He fought stage IV cancer since last July. He did everything the drs adviced regarding radical neck surgery and 37 rounds of radiation. But ultimately his airway became too narrow, he got aspiration pnumonia from having the g tube put in (at my insistance!)and they are 99% sure the cancer had spread to his brain. He passed away 10 minutes before they were to do a CT scan to verify the brain involvement. I just can't believe it. I hate this.
I want to thank everyone very much for your information, support and encouragement. Brian, thank you for founding this site. Please keep it going for as long as this hideous disease is robbing people of their lives.

God bless to all of you.

Kathy Dodge
Posted By: Packer 66 Re: Ron's passing - 02-25-2003 09:20 AM
Our heart and prayers are with you and yours.
Posted By: BC Re: Ron's passing - 02-25-2003 10:23 AM
We are very sorry for your loss. Please allow me to pass along a poem that was sent to me when my dad passed away.

"Perhaps they are not the stars,
but rather openings in Heaven
where the love of our lost ones
shines down to let us know
they are with us."

BC
Posted By: rosie Re: Ron's passing - 02-25-2003 11:19 AM
Dear Kathy,
We are so very sorry to hear of the loss of your dear husband and offer our condolences.
What a lovely, comforting poem from BC to help ease your pain.
Rosie
Posted By: youngerag Re: Ron's passing - 02-25-2003 01:57 PM
Dear Kathy,

My heart and prayers go out to you and your families in this time of pain.

Take care.

Anne.
Posted By: JDeereMan Re: Ron's passing - 02-25-2003 06:02 PM
Hi Kathy:
I am truly sorry to hear about Ron. Please accept my condolences and thoughts and prayers.

Mike D.

Diagnosed 06/2002, w/Laryngeal cancer
Posted By: DQKCK Re: Ron's passing - 02-25-2003 06:09 PM
Dear Kathy,

I'm truly sorry for your loss and hope someday you will find peace in your memories of the good times.

Diane
Posted By: DonnaJean Re: Ron's passing - 02-25-2003 08:46 PM
Dear Kathy,

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your husband. May the love you have shared and the memories of happier times bring you comfort and peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless.
Posted By: gnelson Re: Ron's passing - 02-25-2003 09:38 PM
Hello, I am so sorry for your loss, you will be in my thoughts and prayers to help see you thru this terrible loss to you and your family.gnelson
Posted By: molly Re: Ron's passing - 02-25-2003 11:06 PM
I am so sorry. I will say a special prayer for you.
Posted By: bjensen232 Re: Ron's passing - 02-26-2003 01:06 AM
I am very sorry to hear about Ron's passing I am sure you and him did all you could to fight this evil thing that takes a hold and does not let go sometimes and now he is out of pain and in God's hands. Bobbie
Posted By: sassy4718 Re: Ron's passing - 02-26-2003 10:27 AM
I am sorry, there are no words that I can offer to you that will stop your tears and ease your heart. I will offer blessings for you.
sassy
Posted By: J4 Re: Ron's passing - 02-26-2003 10:41 AM
I am very sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ron's passing - 02-26-2003 12:07 PM
Dear Kathy,

So sorry to hear of Ron's passing. My thoughts and payers will be with you.

Take care of yourself,
Dinah
Posted By: elem510 Re: Ron's passing - 02-26-2003 01:48 PM
Dear Kathy,
I just read of your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. LM
Posted By: mel Re: Ron's passing - 02-26-2003 06:56 PM
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I will say a prayer for you and him who is now in a better place and free of physical and emotional pain.
Posted By: kATHY W. Re: Ron's passing - 02-26-2003 11:17 PM
My deepest sympathy and prayers for you and your loss. Kathy walter, tonsil ca, met
Posted By: cazz Re: Ron's passing - 02-28-2003 07:46 PM
I am also very sorry to hear of your loss. I will say a special prayer for him, and also for you.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum