Posted By: Stella H Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-18-2007 06:32 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

Petey's wife and daughter visited him in the ICU
and he is swollen (looks like a chipmonk), but otherwise is sitting up in a chair wondering where his newspaper is. Sounds like he lost less than half of his tongue, some salivary glands,
of course has a trach and a feeding tube via the nose. He is in "GOOD PAIN" now, healing pain, but can cope. Sorry for the delay in news but hospital is very private because of all the publicity!! Go OCF!!! Regards to all from Petey!!
Posted By: aussieh Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-18-2007 06:56 PM
Well done, Petey. I am thinking of you here and sending good wishes to you and your family. I have watched the video and have been touched by it - your community has supported you in a very special way.

Looking forward to having you back on the board and hearing of your progress, love and light from Helen
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-18-2007 07:27 PM
Hurry up Petey, you've lounged around enough. Stop milking this thing.
Posted By: Robroaster Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-18-2007 08:35 PM
Stella,

Please tell Petey how proud he should be of all he has accomplished. The cards were all stacked against him and he drew an inside straight. My thoughts are with your family and Petey's speedy recovery.

Best Regards,
Rob J.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-18-2007 09:38 PM
Stella,

Please tell Petey that my thoughts are with him and that we miss his wonderful sense of humor, his compassion and his great advice here on the forum.

Let us know when he is back on email so I can send him a personal note.

jerry
Posted By: minniea Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-19-2007 12:58 AM
Petey, I LOVED seeing the video of you.........I feel like I know you now. I also insist that we continue to grow this "cyber" friendship for the next, say.............50 years, give or take a few years.
Happy to hear you're doing well, hurry and heal because LIFE awaits you!
Love,
Minnie
Posted By: Cookey Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-19-2007 07:58 AM
What brilliant news

love and best wishes Petey

Liz in the Uk
Posted By: aviatorrandy Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-19-2007 08:23 AM
GOD BE WITH YOU PETEY
Posted By: Carol L Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-19-2007 09:40 AM
Thank you Stella for the update.....Go Petey!!!!Carol
Posted By: Stella H Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-19-2007 06:21 PM
Hey Everyone! Hope you are all a-ok. Thank you for the out pouring of support for Petey. I sent him a card and printed your latest comments for him! I know that is what keeps him going, "ALL OF YOU VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE! The nurse in ICU said he was doing much better tonight than he was this morning. Family will see him tomorrow.
The plan is for him to be discharged Tuesday. Will keep you posted. Take Care. Stella
Posted By: Lissy Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-19-2007 06:57 PM
This is such wonderful news! Tell him we (Billy and I) are so thrilled at how this has come full circle and he is getting the care he deserves!
I have not been here alot, caring for my husband and working two jobs through his cancer treatments has proven time consuming and exhausting...but I do come on to check on Petey every so often smile
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-19-2007 10:14 PM
I too am thrilled to learn that things are going well for Petey. smile

We are all thinking of you Petey.

Take care,
Diane
Posted By: sharlee Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-19-2007 10:48 PM
I am so happy to hear he is doing well ..And I miss him already!!! Tell him to get better soon We need to chat !!!!! my heart an thoughts are with him and his family !
Posted By: Steve F. Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-20-2007 12:09 AM
Great to hear!!! Been thinking about Petey for the past couple days. Get well soon and God speed....

Steve
Posted By: JeffL Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-20-2007 04:03 PM
Wonderful! Given his recent publicity, probably lounging in robe and ascot, waiting to give audiences to his newly found public! ;-)

Get better Petey!
Posted By: MKlein Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-20-2007 04:13 PM
Good job PeteyB,

When you get up and around, we will be awaitng your post. Good luck you you ,Buddy.

MKlein
Posted By: suelynny25 Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-20-2007 06:49 PM
I'm glad to hear things went well.Hope you are feeling better soon,and to see you in here soon.my prayers are with you and your family.hope to see you soon
lynn
Posted By: MKlein Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-20-2007 08:20 PM
"I have watched the video and have been touched by it - your community has supported you in a very special way."

Where can I see this video?

Thanks

MKlein
Posted By: coquito53 Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-20-2007 10:17 PM
i would like to petey's video. where can i get see it?
Posted By: sharlee Re: Petey's Doing Fine! - 05-20-2007 10:27 PM
For all those who want to see Peteys Video there is a link to it in the Topic Petey Is in surgery ..Under General . I would add the link here but I dont knw how LOL
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum