Posted By: DM32ASA Look at the Numbers ! - 03-02-2007 02:10 AM
Have you ever looked at the numbers since you found OCF?

If not take a look next time at the new registered new comer. Remember how many are looking for help since you signed up.

For me it is 1093 as of todays date. I know there are many more looking for help.

Thank God that OCF is here for us all.

Take care,
Diane
Ps. Brian, could we get some hearts or something for Instant Graemlins?
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Look at the Numbers ! - 03-02-2007 07:31 PM
I've only been here since November and for me it's 380 new comers registered in just two months! I thank God every day that we have OCF.
BTW - re the Instant Graemlins - hearts would be nice but I would also like to see that cute little dancing graemlin because that's what I feel like doing when I see even the smallest sign of progress! smile
Posted By: Leslie B Re: Look at the Numbers ! - 03-02-2007 08:04 PM
I've been noticing that as well. I was #3005 when I registered on May 5, 2005, and I was watching to see when #4005 came aboard (Feb. 25). That's too many people in too short a time.

Brian, thanks for this.

-- Leslie
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Look at the Numbers ! - 03-02-2007 09:02 PM
If you think the the registration numbers are sad.... you should consider the hundreds of lurkers that are here daily that never register. As to the gremlins, we can't add them. And while it may not seem like much, little animated gifs would just slow the board down more than things already are. We are moving the server site of the OCF website next month, and buying additional server capacity and an upgrade to the message board software. ($$$!!) Hopefully we will see things on the message board run faster then.
Posted By: JAM Re: Look at the Numbers ! - 03-02-2007 09:58 PM
WE joined as members 1983. Watching the numbers climb over the last 2 years has made me heartsick. Amy
Posted By: stefon Re: Look at the Numbers ! - 03-03-2007 02:04 AM
Many thanks to Brian for his tireless efforts with OCF. I check in every once in awhile and am also saddened and amazed by the numbers. One positive is that those needing help and support are finding extraordinary help here at OCF. You all are part of an amazing community that has helped so many through some very tough times.

Thanks!
Posted By: Andrea Re: Look at the Numbers ! - 03-03-2007 05:47 AM
Just another outlook on the numbers thing, maybe the numbers are up because
1. more people know about the site, or
2. People are getting diagnosed early and the numbers are going up as a reflection of that!

Every number has a silver lining.....er something like that
Andrea
Posted By: Leslie B Re: Look at the Numbers ! - 03-03-2007 06:21 AM
Oops, correct that: I registered on May 5, 2006, not 2005. That's a thousand more registrants in less than 10 months.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum