Posted By: ChristineB I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 08:36 AM
Im off to the hospital now for my reconstructive surgery. Ive waited for over a year and the day is finally here. Its been the longest year of my life. People stare and make comments and whispers behind my back. Its been terrible!!!! Im hoping for a miracle that the doc can make me look like I used to. Even close would be ok with me. Although nobody is more greatful than I am to be here, I really hate looking the way I do. Only someone who has undergone severe disfigurement will be able to fully understand what Im writing here.

Oral cancer is awful!!!! Not one of us has an easy ride. The ones who get thru it easily still fair worse than people who have other types of cancer.

I will be back in a few days. Best wishes to all with all the hurdles that oral cancer brings with it.
Posted By: Gabe Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 08:45 AM
I really hope that you have a great outcome Christine.
Hope you get that miracle....you deserve it not only for what you do for others here but because you are you!!
Nothing more to say other than I will wait to hear from you.
Love
Gabriele
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 09:24 AM
Christine - Hope everything turns out just the way you want it to. But whatever the outcome, you are now, and will always be one of the most beautiful people I know!
Get back to us as soon as you can.
Posted By: Bloop19 Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 10:19 AM
Can't wait to hear good news from you. You've always had good words and great advice for me. You were the first person to answer me when I hadn't a clue what was in store. You've been through so much and it's time for nothing but good from now on. Will watch for your next post. Take care, Barbara
Posted By: walknlite Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 10:35 AM
I pray that all goes well. I will second the remark about being one of the most beautiful people I know. You have an amzing spirit and drive and stayed encouraging to others even through your ordeal. Will be waiting on your post that you are back with us.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 12:31 PM
Good luck and get back here ASAP.
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 12:41 PM
Christine

Good luck. When I read [quote]People stare and make comments and whispers behind my back. Its been terrible!!!! [/quote], I realized once again just how amazing your upbeat attitude on OCF and your constant help to newcomers really are in light of the daily torment you endure.
Too bad there isn't any surgery to correct the inner deformities that those normal looking people exhibit. If the surgeon can only get 10 percent of your inner beauty to show, people will still stare and make comments but for exactly the opposite reason: they'll be stunned by your radiance

Charm
Posted By: boatswife Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 01:09 PM
I agree, you'll always be the most beautiful person in the world to me. You're always so thoughtful and kind.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! I'll certainly be thinking of you.
Posted By: minniemoo066 Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 01:18 PM
Christine,

I'm only a newcomer here but i already sense your strength and beauty from your posts. Your support and encouragement over the last few weeks really did make a difference for me. I wish nothing but the best for you and will be thinking of you.

Minh
Posted By: GaryG Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 01:53 PM
Best of luck Christine....hope all turns out well.
Posted By: slim Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 02:20 PM
Christine, tons and tons of best wishes and prayers headed your way.
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 02:36 PM
As I said on facebook, you are a beautiful person inside and out and you have helped so many on this forum.

Its unfortunate that people stare and whisper, they just don't know what you have gone thru. It is the world we live in.

I am wishing you all the best!!!

Susan
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 03:29 PM
I am fortunate to live near Christine so I�ve had the pleasure of meeting her in person a few years ago and now consider her a dear friend. She is just as nice in person as she is on the forum � warm and giving and truly one of the most beautiful people I know. When I try to think of the positive things of having OC, having meet Christine is the top one. I am wishing you the best!
Posted By: julieann Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 05:20 PM
My prayers go with you, Christine, as I wrote to you on Facebook. Please let us know right away as soon as you can get to a computer, that you are okay. You are such a good, giving, and caring person, I feel the Good Lord will bless you with a successful reconstruction surgery. You've always been a beautiful person to us, but I understand how you feel when ignorant people stare and how you want to improve your look. I know that will happen. Let us hear from you soon.
Hugs from julieann
Posted By: Eileen Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 05:22 PM
Hi Christine,
Here's hoping for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Will be looking for your next post.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: rozaroo Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-04-2010 08:21 PM
Christine! I did not realise that you were scheduled for surgery
untill this morning via facebook. However, I wished to let you know that you are in my thought's & prayer's.
God Bless
Roz
Posted By: maxie Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-05-2010 07:21 AM
Good luck!!! Sending prayers your way!
Posted By: EzJim Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-05-2010 01:00 PM
Geez Christine, I wish I knew this before but you sure have all the best of all my prayers and wishes. Good luck and I know you will be back smiling and using your wisdom.
Posted By: peace4uall Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-05-2010 01:47 PM
Hello,just found out on facebook and would have liked to have given you my best wishes ahead of time, but hope you will see this very soon!!! I am thinking of you and your family and hope everything turns out very good for you!!!!!

Hope to see you on here soon!
Posted By: Carmen M Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-05-2010 08:34 PM
Good luck. Come back soon - we will miss you.
Posted By: SusanW Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-05-2010 09:52 PM
Christine, everyone has already said it so well---you are incredibly helpful, thoughtful and kind to everyone here. Your attitude is absolutely inspirational.
That kind of beauty is hard to find anywhere.
Wishing you everything you want and deserve from the reconstruction. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Posted By: Steve F. Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-06-2010 05:41 AM
Christine:
Love, prayers, and Best Wishes your way!
Steve
Posted By: Lostpassword Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-06-2010 09:04 AM
Looking forward to a successful surgery and a smooth recovery for a lovely lady.
Posted By: palmtree27 Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-06-2010 03:57 PM
woohoo christine!! you had your surgery on my 25th birthday which i consider a good luck sign, no matter how it goes you are still an inspiration here to all of us!
Posted By: Sophie H. Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-06-2010 07:02 PM
I hope that your surgery has gone well. You have gone through so much and have been so helpful to others that I hope you have a smooth recovery and are really happy with the outcome.

Sophie H.
Posted By: Shelley K Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-06-2010 08:16 PM
So happy to hear the surgery went well. If anyone deserves good things it's you. You are so compassionate and kind to everyone and we all think you're already beautiful...inside and out!

Hugs,

Shelley
Posted By: Nancy T Re: I'll Be Back!!! - 10-06-2010 08:39 PM
I am just getting back on the forum and am sorry I didn't send best wishes ahead of time. Sounds like all went well and I am hoping you receive the outcome you wanted. You deserve to look as beautiful as you really are. OCF is so lucky to have you here to share with others as you always do. I'm sure you can feel all the love people here are sending your way. Take care and good luck to you.

Nancy
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum