Posted By: ESikon At MD Anderson this week.... - 06-03-2010 08:49 PM
Hello all!

I'm here at MD Anderson for the rest of this week and Monday too for my 3 month check up.

Had my CT scan today, if you all could say a quick prayer for me, I would appreciate it. I'll let you know when I get the results.

Oh yes and Jaime, I'm passing out the bundles of pamphlets and cards you mailed me. The doctors really appreciate it!
Posted By: julieann Re: At MD Anderson this week.... - 06-03-2010 09:18 PM
Hello Elizabeth:

You got your prayer request from me answered, and I will continue to keep you in my prayers until you tell us the results of your scans. Are you having a PET scan too or just your CT scan? Either way, let us know the results - I'm betting everything will be GOOD! grin
julieann
Posted By: Jim and Deb Re: At MD Anderson this week.... - 06-03-2010 09:27 PM
I will add you to my list when I pray to St. Peregrine, the patron saint for cancer. I hope you get an A+.

Debbie

Posted By: Malka Re: At MD Anderson this week.... - 06-07-2010 01:43 AM
Prsying that you get the results you want
Posted By: boatswife Re: At MD Anderson this week.... - 06-07-2010 04:20 AM
My thoughts and prayers on the way as well.
Posted By: Gabe Re: At MD Anderson this week.... - 06-07-2010 04:26 AM
Best wishes for the check up and hope that you do not have to wait too long for the results. Hope that healing rain is still with you!
Gabriele
Posted By: ESikon Re: At MD Anderson this week.... - 06-08-2010 01:50 PM
Thanks for the prayers!

I was so busy enjoying my time in Houston, I forgot to post my results. The CT scan came back clear!

I meet with the speech and nutritionist as well, now that I am swallowing better, I have to try to take away one can at a time and supplement with real food of the same calories if not more.

They wouldn't take out the feeding tube until I can do this without losing more weight. My goal is to get it out at my next 3 month check up.

Some of the doctors that I am see are starting to release me to my main doctor so I will just check in with them in a year! Yippee!!!!

I think this is the first appt where I felt well enough to actually observe my surroundings and it was heart breaking to see some of the patients, one woman had radiation burns on her neck, a raspy voice and coughing up mucus until she nearly puked....I felt for her, turned to my husband and said "do you remember those days?" I went up to her and told her to hang in there, she will get over this soon.

I loved stocking them up on the OCF brochures, handed a few out to patients too. The doctors appreciated them as well. So anytime you need me to bring some more I will!!

Posted By: David2 Re: At MD Anderson this week.... - 06-08-2010 06:25 PM
Great news, Elizabeth!
Posted By: scootersmom Re: At MD Anderson this week.... - 06-08-2010 11:57 PM
Elizabeth - that is so great!! Congratulations!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum