Posted By: SUEZ Ron's surgery update 6/30 - 06-30-2011 11:22 AM
nothin to report just yet, had to be here @ 530am makes for a very long day, took him back to surgery bout 635, i got to see him for not even 5 mins wth? said should be 730am but than said 7am and so far no buzz from pager stating it has started yet. Doc's aid first team 6 hrs reconstructive team 4 but nurse in room said 12 hours, long day, night ahead. Ron was in really great spirits, let's hope and pray everything goes well.
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Ron's surgery update 6/30 - 06-30-2011 11:44 AM
Seems like things always start at 5:30am. That's the way my son's surgery started and it was a lo-o-o-o-o- n day. Hope everything goes well for Ron. Glad to hear he was in good spirits, too. Do you have someone with you, Suez? It's such a long wait - make sure and take care of you and if it's been a long time since you've eaten, you should probably have something to keep your strength up for when the surgery and the waiting are over and you see Ron. Prayers and good vibes going your way right now. Hang in there.
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Ron's surgery update 6/30 - 06-30-2011 01:33 PM
Surgery started 914am wtf? jeez and i will need to eat yes, it will be a long day for damn sure again unless it goes only 10 hours instead of 12
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Ron's surgery update 6/30 - 06-30-2011 02:25 PM
Yikes - there's sometimes a hold up from an emergency or something - depends on how much OR space they have! Grab a bite - read a book - and hunker down! Nap too if you can. I was told to be at the OR at 7am for a 9am surgery... I missed seeing my dr. Only got to see t resident... Apparently the dr. Does round at 6:30 apparently he's not much fo sleep!! smile good luck said a prayer for Ron this morning. smile
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Ron's surgery update 6/30 - 06-30-2011 03:30 PM
update from pager surgery continues going well
and thank you Cheryl I'm good a bit tired tried to eat a rye bagle could barely get a half of it down waiting on lunch for a wonderful bowl of come kind of soup they have in one of the many eating places they have here. found some very nice people that are sitting with me and we are chatting bout family and life all is good keeping each other company, her husband has 2nd bout of colon cancer so we are in the same boat with the damn "C" so all is well so far
Posted By: msmac Re: Ron's surgery update 6/30 - 06-30-2011 03:43 PM
What a long day! So glad you have some company. Best wishes to you and Ron.
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: Ron's surgery update 6/30 - 06-30-2011 05:10 PM
Hi Sue! Keep hanging in there. I read your post that it's going well. Wonderful! I'm glad you have company, someone to talk with. I'll keep checking back. Sending lots of positive thoughts to you and Ron!

Love,

Sandy
xoxox
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Ron's surgery update 6/30 - 06-30-2011 05:58 PM
Glad things are going ok with Ron's surgery. And glad that you have someone with you and that you can share experiences. Anything shared is always easier to manage. You are one tough lady, Suez - You and Ron will both get through this! Keep checking back and let us know how things progress. Hugs and prayers going your way, now!
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: Ron's surgery update 6/30 - 06-30-2011 06:33 PM
Sue...make sure to eat something. I know nerves make the stomach do flips, but be sure you are getting some nourishment. Soup sounds good....:)
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum