Posted By: ChristineB Update on Pete D - 06-13-2010 11:36 AM
It has been a while since we have heard anything from Pete's daughter. Ive been concerned, so I emailed her and here is the response she sent me....

I'm so sorry that I dropped the ball. It has been quite a week. I'll be setting up a site on caringbridge.org tomorrow, will post on the OCF site. For now here is the shirt version. Plz repost if you want to ocf. We got my dad into a skilled nursing facility on monday. All seemed great, he was super lucid even asked for his computer. Wednesday we got the official 'end stage' cancer verdict from oncologist from seattle cancer care alliance. Surgery not an option, chemo not an option. Tumors have progressed in the tonsils and neck enough to pinch a nerve and collapse the left side of his face. Sad, terribly heartbreaking, but he was ready to say no to treatment so sort of okay.

On thursday his PEG tube became clogged enuf to not allow for food or pain meds. He was admitted back to hospital at UW Medical Center. He has pneumonia now. PEG has been fixed, and we are stalling over the weekend to find a hospice close to home that will care for trach patients.

My brother is here again, and my aunt was here last week. He was given a 6 month est prior to the pneumonia. He did receive all the emails, and I will continue to print out the OCF thread for him.

Thank you for caring so much. I know that he has drawn most of hi cancer support from the site and all of you. I will update the thread on the site. Do not hesitate to email me if you need more info. You are his family too.

Odile
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Update on Pete D - 06-13-2010 02:29 PM
So sad.
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Update on Pete D - 06-13-2010 02:45 PM
[quote]There but for the grace of God, go I[/quote]
Despite all Pete's physical problems, he was always cheery and looking forward to the future. He even would give me credit for posting about a different type of traech tube that my CCC hospital ICU unit used to expedite the return of my speech when I had forgotten all about it and he was helping some newcomer here on OCF. Life is just not fair.
I hope the doctors are wrong and Pete rebounds
Thanks Christine for following up.
Charm
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Update on Pete D - 06-13-2010 03:21 PM
Odile,

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. He has been a tremendous support to me and many others on OCF. I will continue to keep him in my prayers. Miracles do happen.
Posted By: Gabe Re: Update on Pete D - 06-13-2010 09:27 PM
Odile,
I am so sorry to read the latest on Pete. It is good that he has his immediate family around him and I am glad that you know he has another caring family here on the OCF. Hoping the doctors have got it wrong.
Thanks for checking Christine. I have been looking daily for an update.
Gabriele
Posted By: odiled Re: Update on Pete D - 06-14-2010 12:07 AM
Again, I apologize for not posting about my dad sooner. I know that he is unable to update for himself right now as he's zonked from methadone. he just started taking it yesterday, so we think there will be an adjustment period while he gets used to it.

hopefully this website will help, i can keep everybody updated! my brother will post there too. i myself have been going to gilda's club meetings and not using this web site very much so i forget to update it.

thank you all for your support!! i know my dad appreciates it even if he is unable to respond in kind right now.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/peterdumbleton

odile
[email protected]
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Update on Pete D - 06-14-2010 12:20 AM
Odile

I'm confident I'm speaking for all of OCF when I say that no apologies are necessary. Thanks for the CaringBridge link.
Let your Dad know how much we miss him and wish him well
Charm
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Update on Pete D - 06-14-2010 01:45 AM

Thanks for posting Odile. Im glad you started a Caring Bridge page for your dad. That was a great idea. It makes it so much easier for you to keep people updated thru that site.

I posted a quick note on his page. I will be getting a card out to him later in the week.
Posted By: David2 Re: Update on Pete D - 06-14-2010 03:34 PM
Odile, my thoughts are with you and your family.
David two
Posted By: ESikon Re: Update on Pete D - 06-14-2010 04:35 PM
I'm so sorry! I had been wondering how he has been doing so thanks for the update. My prayers will continue to be with Pete and his family.
Posted By: Cookey Re: Update on Pete D - 06-14-2010 04:35 PM
god bless Pete.Miss you xxx
Posted By: EzJim Re: Update on Pete D - 06-14-2010 07:23 PM
This really makes me feel bad. I pray for him and all of you in this sad time of need. Give him a big hug from me, even tho I am all man. Hugs make us all feel just a little better.
Posted By: boatswife Re: Update on Pete D - 06-15-2010 08:46 PM
I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: julieann Re: Update on Pete D - 06-15-2010 09:17 PM
Odiled:
Charm said it better than I could have. Know that your Dad is in our hearts, and many prayers are going his way. Please tell him how much everyone cares.
julieann
Posted By: Nancy T Re: Update on Pete D - 06-16-2010 09:02 PM
So sorry about your Dad. Please know that I, too, will be keeping him and your family in my prayers. And I also believe that miracles do happen. Take care.

Nancy T
Posted By: Malka Re: Update on Pete D - 06-23-2010 03:07 PM
Thanks for the link to caringbridge. Pete whas been one of the great contributors here.
Malka
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: Update on Pete D - 06-23-2010 11:23 PM
You and your family are in my prayers!! Semper-Fi Bob
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum