Posted By: kennock It's a beautiful day! - 10-17-2004 08:09 AM
Hi there,

I have posted a few times since August about my husband having some
Posted By: nancyt Re: It's a beautiful day! - 10-17-2004 08:20 AM
Hi Debbie,

I'm so happy to hear the great news and that it was a false alarm. The anxiety of scares and the waiting game are brutal on the mind and soul. I, too, am coming up on my one year anniversary since end of treatment (Nov. 6th). Here's hoping for continued good reports for your husband and for me. Hope your 16 year old had a good birthday - isn't it great to be able to celebrate again?

Hugs, Nancy
Posted By: Nicki Re: It's a beautiful day! - 10-17-2004 10:25 AM
Wonderful news on a truly beautiful day, Debbie!
While I am looking forward to the anniversary dates to come, I can see how anxieties can foreshadow the tests. Thank Goodness for your happy news smile
Happy birthday to your 'middle child!' My own middle child celebrates her 25th today smile

Nicki
Posted By: Erik Kleiva Re: It's a beautiful day! - 10-17-2004 01:18 PM
I too went through a scare similar to yours this last week & am happy to say that it my ENT's opinion that it is also scar tissue. Good health to you & your family!
Posted By: KirkGeorgia Re: It's a beautiful day! - 10-17-2004 10:32 PM
Debbie, congrats on the good news. Isn't "all clear" and "just scar tissue" some of the nicest words you've heard in a while? I'm sure you both know how to celebrate your 1 year anniversary from end of treatment. I am coming up on my one year anniversary of being diagnosed, not quite the same. Have a good time celebrating both events, birthday and anniversary.
Posted By: Lorie Re: It's a beautiful day! - 10-18-2004 07:50 AM
Debbie-

Yeah!!! I'm so glad it was just scar tissue. I know exactly what you are/where feeling playing the "waiting game"...I truly think that is the worst part of this disease, at least for the caregiver. On October 21st it will be 1 year since Don ended treatment. I look back and am just amazed at how far we've both come...but the crazy thing is that I'm getting very anxious as the date gets closer. He sees the radiation oncologist on the 20th and I'm certain he'll say everything is ok..but I just keep feeling like everything is going "too good". I know it is just my "nerves"...my head keeps saying "yeah, you thought everything was good last year and then it was cancer...God I hate this disease!

Anyhow, here's hoping by the end of this week I'll be posting an update like yours. You hang in there and enjoy the 'cloud 9' effect getting good news gives us laugh

Lorie
Posted By: Uptown Re: It's a beautiful day! - 10-18-2004 02:06 PM
Debbie,

I am so sorry you had to wait on the edge of your seat for 2 months. I know it is easier said than done but try very hard to never let the "what-ifs" of this horrible disease dictate even a second of you life. The moments wasted worrying are times we will never get back. Enjoy every second. It aint cancer till they can prove it!

Lorie,

WOOHOO, girl! You give Don a great big hug from Susan and I and ask him to give you one from us, too!

Ed
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum