Posted By: soccerfreaks new to site (survivor) - 02-12-2010 11:44 PM
I am a survivor of head/neck cancer, SCC to be precise, diagnosed at end of 08/05, surgery in October of same year, a 15-hour job to replace part of tongue with stuff from wrist (including nerves) along with a radical neck disection, followed by chemo (cisplatin) and radiation.

Subsequently, I was diagnosed with lung cancer, June of '07. They said I had '10 months to live', but were wrong: they misdiagnosed most of the stuff in my neck (and face) as cancer, when it was really an infection. The end result was a lobectomy, but that was better than the alternative.

I am now NED (No Evidence of Disease). I am a big contributor at CSN, but new to this one.

Joe
Posted By: Kelly211 Re: new to site (survivor) - 02-13-2010 04:42 AM
Joe,

Always good to have survivors post here.

How did the nerve transplant go with you? Also, was your lung cancer SCC from the oral cancer or a form of lung cancer?

Kelly
Posted By: suemarie Re: new to site (survivor) - 02-13-2010 12:34 PM
Keep posting here. You will give many people hope.
Posted By: homershoney Re: new to site (survivor) - 02-13-2010 01:03 PM
congrats on NED! great to see survivors!
Posted By: fdorsey Re: new to site (survivor) - 02-13-2010 01:23 PM
Hello totally new to all this, I m now a survior of cancer and going thru the recovery process from radation and chemo... kinda lost and trying to keep up with taking my bipolar meds and eating and drinking every thing thru a feedding tube right now . it can be a little overwelming from time to time but keeping the Faith and a positive attidute. I m part of this for life ...
Posted By: homershoney Re: new to site (survivor) - 02-13-2010 01:30 PM
fdorsey,
start a new thread and introduce yourself. u dont want to get lost in someone elses thread.
congrats on making it thru treatment. so glad to see u have such a positive attitude...that helps alot. somedays faith is all we have.
try and get a signiture line and give us some info on ur cancer and treatment. you can do this by clicking "my stuff" at the top of the page, then "profile", the signature will be at the bottom of that page.
keep us posted!
Posted By: EzJim Re: new to site (survivor) - 02-13-2010 06:14 PM
Joe, congrats on what you have been thru and seem to be upbeat about it. I love stories such as yours.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum