Posted By: pcain1211 new to site but not scc - 11-16-2009 05:40 PM
Hi,

My name is Pam I was diagnosed with scc to left side of tongue and one lymphnode November 14,2008. I did the partial glossectomy and neck dissection.

Also 32 radiation treatments.

Was all clear on April 26th 2009.

Went to follow up ct October 21st 2009. Head and neck clear but spots on lungs. Re did ct and pet scan 11/5/2009 still spots unsure of infection or cancer.
Biopsy 11/11/2009 positive scc to lungs 3 spots . largest is 2cm.
I am 31 almost 32 have 2 boys ages soon be two and soon be 7.
I have never smoked or drank. I am so confused how this is back soo soon?

Thanks,

Pam C.
Posted By: Kelly211 Re: new to site but not scc - 11-16-2009 06:03 PM
Pam,

Did you do any chemo in 2008?

Kelly
Posted By: davidcpa Re: new to site but not scc - 11-16-2009 10:23 PM
What are the Tx plans?
Posted By: pcain1211 Re: new to site but not scc - 11-17-2009 04:00 AM
Kelly,

I did not have any chemo in 2008.

not sure of the plans just yet David just got this new diagnoses Thursday I see the Chemo oncologist Wednesday.
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: new to site but not scc - 11-17-2009 06:01 AM
At the end of your treatments, ( where were these done?) what tests / scans etc. did you have that confirmed that you were cancer free ( including your lungs) ? It is very hard to imagine that lesions this size were not present in your lungs and they went from zero to 2cm in this amount of time.

You will get two kinds of support on these boards, people that try to help you come to terms with the biology, science, and people that will offer you moral and emotional support. Please do not think because your first two replys are from science oriented people there will not be posts soon that speak to the emotional side of what you are dealing with. Those of us with science answers ask lots of questions first to get the lay of the and, please do not be put off by that.
Posted By: walknlite Re: new to site but not scc - 11-17-2009 10:22 AM
Pam, you and I are the same age. I also have two boys. It is truly crappy isn't it? I atart my treatment this week. Gload you found the site. SO mancy people on here are a great encouragment. I never would have made it thos far without them. I will be praying for you and your family. PM me if you need to talk
Posted By: pcain1211 Re: new to site but not scc - 11-17-2009 05:42 PM
At the end of my treatments they did ct and pet 6 weeks after radiation ended. Both scans were clear on head neck. Which also gets the top of my lungs. Which when repeated the ct 10/26 it showed the lungs top with the spots so they did full chest and full body ct 11/5.
Posted By: nancys2 Re: new to site but not scc - 11-17-2009 09:38 PM
Pam, sorry to hear about your news. It stinks, after all you've been through and it's scary to face this again. How were your scans prior to your treatment?
I'm assuming something was sitting there then.
Anyways, now you need to get ready for battle again.
Where will you go for your treatments, what are the plans, etc.
thinking of you as you travel this road again,
Nancy
Posted By: davidcpa Re: new to site but not scc - 11-17-2009 10:11 PM
Pam,

I had my first scan 3 months post Tx and I was all clear except 2 spots in the top part of my lungs which the path report said "can not be excluded". Both my RO and MO said "not to worry", yeah right!! Three more months went by and another scan and the first 2 top spots were resolved but I had 2 new spots in the lower part of my lung. Again "not to worry", yeah right. Three more months and finally a true all clear so lets hope you have the same pattern.
Posted By: boatswife Re: new to site but not scc - 11-18-2009 06:55 AM
Welcome to OCF. You'll definitely get some great help here.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum