Posted By: ord_dfw Sharing some good news - 01-23-2008 07:25 PM
My brother received some great news yesterday: the CT scan was clean and the doctors can find no evidence of the tumor. He still has a lot of recovery ahead of him, but we are all very happy with this week's news. To go from a Stage 4 tumor to "seeing nothing" is the most incredible news anyone could ever hear.

Joe did elect to have the nasal feeding tube put in just after Christmas. He didn't want to have an incision for a peg tube and chose to go this route. I asked questions about this topic on the board ... and just wanted to share that the nasal tube has turned out to be an ok option for him.

He still has to have a biopsy done in a couple of weeks, but the docs seem to think that everything looks ok now.

I want to give a public shout-out to Joe's great team at the University of Chicago Medical Center: Dr. Victoria Villaflore (oncologist), Dr. Kerstin Stenson (surgeon), Dr. Daniel Haraf (radiologist), Dr. Ezra Cohen (oncologist for the EPOC study) and all of the wonderful nurses and staff.

Thanks to everyone on this board!

Jean

Posted By: davidcpa Re: Sharing some good news - 01-23-2008 07:29 PM
Great news. I was also a "Stage IV to nothing" so I know how relieved you both must feel.

Please edit your Signature line so we all have a better overall picture.
Posted By: debandbill Re: Sharing some good news - 01-23-2008 07:57 PM
Yes, great news indeed...we are another stage 4 to "all clear" so that is wonderful!

Agree with David that you need to edit your siggie so everyone can note the important info: dx date and area affected, treatment info, finish info...helps us all to provide better communication.

Deb

Posted By: EzJim Re: Sharing some good news - 01-23-2008 09:21 PM
Hey , now that is the news we all want to hear. Good luck will keep coming your way.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Sharing some good news - 01-23-2008 09:23 PM

Excellent news! Congrats! Thanks for posting the update on your brother. Its nice to see some good news on here.
Posted By: ord_dfw Re: Sharing some good news - 01-23-2008 09:37 PM
I updated my signature line and I hope that it makes sense.
Posted By: ChuckF Re: Sharing some good news - 01-23-2008 10:35 PM
Jean,
Great news!!
That's the same team (Plus Dr. V) who took me from Stage IV to clear. February 6th will mark 4 years since the end of treatment, and still clear.

Good Health,

Chuck
Posted By: ord_dfw Re: Sharing some good news - 01-23-2008 10:42 PM
Chuck, I guess that we traded your Dr. V for our Dr. V. Well, in reality, your Dr. V oversees all the treatments in EPOC. I am thrilled to hear of your good results. Grant Aschatz (the chef from Alinea) also had the same team ... he was about two weeks ahead of my brother.
Posted By: edeevee Re: Sharing some good news - 02-14-2008 07:29 AM
My son has almost the same team. Amazing doctors, simply amazing!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum