Posted By: Brian Hill Cookbook - 08-23-2002 01:02 AM
OCF has been contacted by the authors of a cook book for those with chewing and swallowing problems. Here is the description and contact information if anyone is interested. Other info on the products for patients page, if you wish to see the book.

Easy-to-Swallow, Easy-to-Chew Cookbook

Written by three authorities in the field, Easy-to-Swallow, Easy-to-Chew Cookbook presents over 150 recipes that are designed for those for whom swallowing is difficult. You
Posted By: Joanna Re: Cookbook - 01-05-2003 02:11 AM
In searching for an old post, I came across this so will "bump it up" in the terminology of some other boards, because we have had several posts lately about difficulty eating/swallowing. I hope this will be of assistance to those people. Now, back to my search.

Joanna
Posted By: larryb Re: Cookbook - 01-05-2003 08:25 PM
Thanks for the info Joanna - i should order and use the cookbook ASAP.

since i live in the Chesapeake Bay area, i made a blue crab souffle for New Years day.

it will be interesting to try some other things.

bye bye larryb
Posted By: Joanna Re: Cookbook - 01-05-2003 11:01 PM
Larry, just reading about your blue crab souffle makes me drool. Smart people do not get between me and seafood (grin). Fortunately, I am a fisherperson with a vacuum sealer and a freezer, so I can indulge my passion all year. I'll bet a seafood bisque might go down easily too. Good luck!

Joanna
Posted By: JDeereMan Re: Cookbook - 01-05-2003 11:34 PM
Brian:
I ordered the book a couple of days ago and already had my order confirmed and should have it in 2 to 3 days. If anyone wants I will let you know how the recipes are.
Posted By: JDeereMan Re: Cookbook - 01-31-2003 03:47 PM
Just rec'd my copy of the cook book, has a fair amount of info on swallowing. The book also has quite a few recipes that sound pretty good. Will cook some of them here pretty soon.

Mike D.

Diagnosed 06/2002, w/Laryngeal cancer, 1st stage
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cookbook - 02-28-2003 12:11 PM
Hey Mike,

Have you had a chance to try any of the recipes?? I'm thinking of ordering this book myself, since we are so big on soups and stews in this house. Desserts, too.

Are they more down home or gourmet?

Any info appreciated?
Take care,
Dinah
Posted By: JDeereMan Re: Cookbook - 03-07-2003 10:52 PM
Hi Dinah:
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back, but just haven't been on for a week. I have tried some of the recipes and they were good.

Mike D.

Diagnosed 06/2002 w/Laryngeal cancer, 1st stage
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum