Posted By: boston mouthwash - 03-05-2011 10:53 PM
Hi:

What is a safe mouthwash to use? I have heard alcohol in mouthwash is not good for anyone. I noticed that there a a few no alcohol washes out there

Boston
Posted By: julieann Re: mouthwash - 03-06-2011 12:10 AM
Hi Boston:

Biotene Dry Mouth Mouthwash is good for me. There are others, but I've found this doesn't burn at all. Yes, avoid the ones with alcohol because they will set you on fire. Hope this works for you.
julieann
Posted By: zengalib Re: mouthwash - 03-06-2011 12:45 AM
Biotene works for me, as well. I also use the Biotene toothpaste.
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: mouthwash - 03-06-2011 01:23 AM
Biotene is the OCF favorite even though they won't give Brian or OCF any money for all the recommendations we give them.
You can do a search on biotene in the search box to the right to see some prior posts
Charm
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: mouthwash - 03-06-2011 11:52 AM
In praise of Biotene, several years ago, they did make available to a certain number of survivors on this site, a great selection of Biotene products in exchange for comments on how the products helped them. I think it amounted to about $100 worth of their products all supplied free to anyone needing them. My son was one of the fortunate ones to receive this gift and when the good sized box came to him in the mail, it was one of the very bright spots in his recovery. In view of the mounting hospital/doctor/prescription fees, that cancer brings with it, Biotene's gift and Brian's efforts in making this available to us were ever so much appreciated. Yay! for Biotene. Just my two cents. smile
Posted By: cbhh Re: mouthwash - 03-06-2011 02:41 PM
Love Biotene mouthwash and the mouthgel. Lovely, smooth and cool!!!
Posted By: EzJim Re: mouthwash - 03-07-2011 08:29 PM
Biotene is great for this drymouth as well as the Biotene toothpaste I brush my gums and tongue with. They make a spray too but I have never tried it.
Posted By: marianne bartkowski Re: mouthwash - 03-10-2011 12:47 AM
I also heard that mouthwash with alcohol is not good. Biotene is something I've used and I think it is very good. They also have dry mouth stuff and toothpaste! I sometimes use baking soda and water as it is a base and I've heard that oral cancer patients have acidic mouths, so the baking soda would reduce the acidicy. Good luck!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum