Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78883 08-17-2008 03:44 PM
lltj70 Offline OP
OP Offline

A lot has changed since I stopped posting on here. The love of my life- Bill- who I married on Nov. 23, 2007- passed away three weeks later on Dec. 15, 2007. Dealing with his death and knowing that I could do nothing else to save him- has caused me to be depressed at times, but also has strengthened my faith- because without it- I would not be able to go on.

Cancer is a horrible battle to deal with. My poor Bill had to deal with it moving to his brain- then taking over quickly. I dont know what I would have done if I had not had the chance to vent here in the beginning. After the first few months- I did not have time to even do anything but love him and take care of him... and treasure each moment I had with my darling Bill. He was given six months- he lived ten months...and I will miss him forever.

Thank you all for being there for me in the beginning- you helped me so much to endure the months that would follow.

God bless all of you that is still dealing with this demon. I pray each day I never have to deal with cancer again.. because I dont know if I will be as strong as my darling Bill was...

Lisa-Caregiver to fiance Bill (the love of my life)- Stage 4 Esophageal cancer- started rad/ chemo. 3/8/07
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Hi Lisa:

I am fairly new to this site and since I have started reading life stories and people's experience I agree with you about the people here being helpful and supportive. I am not as good with words as most but it does come from my heart. Especially when someone looses someone so special.

I am truly sorry for your loss. It is a tragic ending to a beautiful love story. Even though you have heard most of this before it can never be said enough your Bill will be watching and caring for you as you cared for him!!! He will be by your side smiling and watching over you.

Love and sunshine
Dianne

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23