Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77685 07-29-2008 06:54 PM
OP Offline

Hey there,
I haven�t been here in a while. Time flies when... well, you get the point. Anyway, I have an issue, which I am not sure what to think. I would be interested to hear any similar experiences.

On Saturday, I felt what was like a pulled muscle in my neck. (same side as the �episode�).
Sunday Morning, it felt like I ripped a muscle. I was doing some heavy lifting, so I correlated the two to each other. It was in the area that the lymph nodes were removed 2.5 years ago. By Monday morning, things still felt just as bad, but the soreness was more focused. Real accute in the treatment field, in the area of scar tissue.

I would move my head, and it would hurt. I would put my finger on it (like checking for a swollen lymph node), and it really hurts. I don�t feel any lump or anything, just the scar tissue. And it really hurts when I touch it, or stretch that area out.

On Monday, I went to see my GP, to get a preliminary assesment, and some mediciine. It was more me telling him my game plan, but I value his opinion. My thinking is that I have an infection, and this is what it goes like. My lymph system is all fused, and it just doesn�t work like it use to.

The accute pain is all in the treatment area. My ear and behind my eye (same side) intermittantly ache, and I even have some numbness on that side of my face/neck.

The GP gave me a strong antibiotic, and I see will see my ENT next week.

Has anyone had anything like this? Pain in the original area? I�m almost 2.5 years out, and this is the first time I have had something like this pop up.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mike

Removed righside lymph node(stage III)on 10/10/05 Unknown Primary. 6x Carbo, 2x cistplatine, 8 weeks Radiation (not IRMT)
Senior Member (100+ posts)
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Mike,
Internal muscle spasms are very common. My Doc told me that valium is prescribed to calm it down.
Rob

6-05, Left Tonsil-T1N2bM0 stageIVA, chemo(Cisplatin), radiation(6660cGy), neck disection, no PEG. HPV negative. (Doc suspects posit)
3-9-09 last of 30 HBO treatments.

Moderated by  Eva Grayzel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users