Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

I think to quit sucessfully you have to make a mental shift from friend to enemy... once you truely see it as something that is negative then you no longer crave or desire it. You have convinced yourself of the positive attributes (all lies by the way) and ignored the negative ones at all cost (all truth) to justify your habit. You need to make this shift to the truth though....There are lots of negatives to get you there. Stare at your spit can for a while and truly contemplate how gross it actually is. Read horror stories of the realities of long time use and think of this impact on your family and yourself. Your mind is really powerfull...once it is allowed to see the truth you'll laugh at the thought that you ever even wanted to dip.

I only smoked for a short while in high school and quite a year or two after. What I did was stare at ashtrays a lot and really think about how nasty they are and how dirty a habit it was. Then I would focus on the basic concept of purposefully lighting leaves and paper soaked in chemicals on fire and breathing this in...why?? why would any rational person do this? I thought..it makes no sense and does no good...would I light a brush fire in my yard and run over and inhale the smoke? no....so why smoke at all?? after I truely belived that concept, I put them down and never wanted another. Yes physical withdrawl was a PITA, but there are ways to cope and reduce the effects and it passes quick...

hope some of that helps...your habit really is nasty smile

dw

dc Offline

try the commit lozenges - pop one in your mouth, play with it while it slowly disolves and spit the juices from it - kind of mimics and might help...? you can do it!

Hi JoJo,

I smoked two packs of Marlboro for over 15 years. In failed effort to quit, I switched to Skoal Long Cut Straight for ten years. I chewed a little over
a can a day.

There are no magic cures, none of the drugs or other treatments work. http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksCAids.html
Those few who are able to quit using those methods suffer far more than those who just quit.

I know, I have been there.

Please go to this link:

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Symptoms.html

After you have read the above link, go to:

http://whyquit.com

Read Joel's library from start to finish.

The more you educate yourself, the easier it will be.

I will leave you with this thought. My biggest regret is that I did not quit sooner; what a fool I was. I suffered for three days and then the healing began. Today, I don't even think about chewing and it has only been about three months!

Please feel free to ask me any questions you like. You can do it, but only if you put in the time to completely educate yourself and come to understand that you are an addict.

Scott - Free and Healing for Three Months, Twenty Three Days, 19 Hours and 31 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 9 Days and 11 Hours, by avoiding the use of 2732 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $617.48.

Father diagnosed 3/06, Poorly Differentiated Carcinosarcoma BOT Primary. T3N2bM0
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users
Forum Statistics