Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)

Hang on to the thought of that 75% Jim--sounds damn good odds to me!
Would your church be able to organise a 'carer/driver' rota for you whilst you go through this??
You'll certainly be getting as much cyber-care as we can give you here,that's for sure!tart now eating as much as you can to get 'built up' before you start this next phase.

Brenda

Brenda in UK--Diagnosis 30/5/07--undifferentiated carcinoma in right jawbone and muscles. Stage 4
6/7/07--new diagnosis primary is in lung. Finished 4cycles of palliative carboplatin/gemcitabine
therapy September 07
Now dying to live!
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Time to get into fight mode, Jim! And splurge on all your favorite fattening foods. Maybe you could check with the hospital about volunteer programs they have that could provide a driver? Does your insurance provide for any driver service?

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)

Senior Patient Advocate
Senior Patient Advocate

Jim,

You have zero choice but to remain tough and I'm sure you will and we will be there every step of the way. Too bad about Barb. It's a shame that we see the abandonment issue frequently when love ones get sick. The conclusion is obvious but better now than midstream. Spread the word and talk to the docs and nurses. Hopefully one will come out of the blue. Until then you do have some 100 or so "offsite" CGers ready to tell you what to do. LOL

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.
EzJim Offline OP
OP Offline

I'll settle for the site support and keep hoping Barb comes back and understands. after her noone else will make me as happy or care as much

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

im really glad jim has all of you caring people.. i just want you all to know i didnt leave him because hes sick... as you all know i stuck with him thru the first battle...im sure he still wasnt feeling up to par but what i dont understand is why a person has to be so mean at times...he tells me it was the cancer talking... now if i had cancer im sure i would want the people i care most for to be around me and i sure wouldnt treat them as if i didnt want them around or push them away when they try to help and be there for them....i dont know if he has told any of you all but i did tell him that even tho we are not living together i would still be his friend and go to the dr and such,,,but he cant take that, he wants all or nothing,, im not the only one in this that has ended this,, and yes i do feel for him with what he is going thru and what i say now may make a few people mad or upset at me but i feel he really needs to be living up around where his family lives,,his time needs to be with family right now,, i tried my best but my best wasnt good enough... im sorry but i just dont buy the CANCER TALKING... because i sure wouldnt push people away from me in a time of need...
thank you all for listening to me and im sure a few are upset with me but i had to get this off my chest and let everyone know im not as mean and hatefull as im sure some feel i am... i do have feelings too...thanks..BarbT

Barb
EzJim Offline OP
OP Offline

Barb, I wasn't all that bad and just was very miserable and it was hard to hise the fear,, like they say, you always hurt the ones you love. someday you will understand and change yoour way of thinking.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
EzJim Offline OP
OP Offline

One of the biggest problems is we nevr had a chance to sit down and talk about things like we should have, but it wa great while it lasted.. I don't want this to change to the anne landers show, so nuff said

EzJim Offline OP
OP Offline

Ok Barb,, this is an open invitation for you to be my friend,, come to the meeting with the Dr next appt

EzJim Offline OP
OP Offline

OK all, I do have to say I am in the fight mood and will face the unkown and let it know i intend to win this war it has started again. This time I will win the battle hands down,, thanks for all the advice and encouragment you all have given me.

EzJim Offline OP
OP Offline

I have done as suggested. keeping busy to forget things. I have my christmas lights down. cleaned my garage and turned my compost pile. Did dishes and ran vac in basement and on stairs leading upstairs. Anyone need any help with your chores?? LOL

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users