Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gold Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Rod had his check up with his ENT today.Have to admit I was pretty nervous(more so than he).All went very well! Doctor is impressed at how good his throat looks.He would like Rod to have a chest xray but he says its just routine??? confused Honestly I was wondering about that because he has not had one since pet scan last November.I will try not to worry about it though. Its so hard to believe its been 13 months since treatment ended!!!!Am very happy about today & wanted to share it! smile

maureen (friend to Rod SCC tonsil diag. Mar 04 stage 4 -concurrent rad. & chemo) Finished tx July 04
Platinum Member (200+ posts)
Platinum Member (200+ posts)

Hi Maureen, Yes, a chest xray is routinee. I had
one every time the ENT checked me out. Got tired
of them after awhie. How are things with you?
Cathy

Cathy

SCCA Stage IV diagnosed 01/90
base of tongue with 1/2 removed.
With neck resection, radiation and chemo
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Hi Maureen,
Aren't annual chest xrays a routine part of most annual physicals, cancer or not? Anyway, it's a good idea to have one. Remember that early detection is the way to survive this oral cancer so regular checkups are a good idea.

Take care,
Eileen

----------------------
Aug 1997 unknown primary, Stage III
mets to 1 lymph node in neck; rt ND, 36 XRT rad
Aug 2001 tiny tumor on larynx, Stage I total laryngectomy; left ND
June 5, 2010 dx early stage breast cancer
June 9, 2011 SCC 1.5 cm hypo pharynx, 70% P-16 positive, no mets, Stage I
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Hello Maureen,

Thanks for sharing the good news!!! It picks us all up a notch!!
I'm not sure about the chest x-ray timing.

All My Best, Danny Boy

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006
"OCF Down Under"
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"OCF Down Under"

Congratulations Maureen and Rod

I understand how happy you are after collecting a gold star from the doc. cool It is great to hear good news, thankyou for sharing it.

Love from Helen

RHTonsil SCC Stage IV tx completed May 03
Gold Member (100+ posts)
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Thanks for sharing your good news ....maureen good luck for the future . best regards ...maz

Gold Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Thanks guys! I am pretty happy about it! I was thinking last night in bed and I realized he is more like 16 months out of tx if he finished in early July, right?Well, whatever I am really happy for him.I am going to try to relax about the chest x-ray too, it does seem to be pretty routine. :p I wish I would have found this site when Rod first got sick.I was so scared that I wondered if a year & a half later he would still be here.You are all such an inspiration to me and really awesome people! wink Thanks again! (Cathy, I am feeling better as far as the anxiety goes.Nothing really new except getting ready for the holidays..lol they'll be here before we know it.Thanks for asking!!! I asked Rod if he was celebrating last night, he said he was actually sitting in line at the gas station.He looks to be in the path of Hurricane Wilma if it hits Florida! eek Always something! But I don't think God wants him yet,he's leaving his butt here to torture me for a while longer!!!But thats okay, I'll take it! wink Hugs~Maureen

maureen (friend to Rod SCC tonsil diag. Mar 04 stage 4 -concurrent rad. & chemo) Finished tx July 04

Maureen,
I am so glad to hear that Rod is doing great after struggling for several months. I still remember your worries and anxiety when you first emailed me. Just a word about the chest X-ray. This is to me a routine and a must in my annual tests. My oncologist told me that it is an insurance in case the cancer may spread to the lungs but usually there will be signs like constant coughing if the lungs are affected. Nothing really to worry about if Rod is feeling fine.

Karen

Karen stage 4B (T3N3M0)tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/2001.Concurrent chemo-radiation treatment ( XRT x 48 /Cisplatin x 4) ended in 12/01. Have been in remission ever since.
Gold Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
Gold Member (100+ posts)

Karen,
Thanks for posting! I was actually going to send you a private email.You were one of the first that I spoke with when Rod was diagnosed.You were so kind & helpful.You also warned me of the depression that usually followed treatment and it did. frown But things are much better despite the eating issues.I will try not too worry about the chest xray.Here's to things looking up...for all of us!!!!Maureen:)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23