sincere thanks to all of you who've generously replied to my recent posts. i'm a novice, so here's one more:

what does "urgent" mean? does it mean that you can't, shouldn't, or better not take a few days to decide how to proceed or to research alternatives? or that you shouldn't take the time to go for second opinion?

from this distance, it looks to me like the medical profs in los angeles have created a sense of panic for my sister and her family so they really think that they need to make decisions and act on them right away, as in the same day. i recognize that stage iv scc with early recurrence is an ugly thing and you need to respond forcefully and quickly. my question is: how quickly? can one afford to take a few days to think things through? or, if they give you an appointment in 2 week's time, should you push to have it earlier? do days count?

be well.

gita

sister diagnosed 11/03 SCC maxilla keratenizing stg IV T1N1Mx; 4-7 positive lymph nodes; dissection 12/03 left upper pallette removd; radiaton left side 35 sessions 2/04-4/04; recurrence same side 4/04; chemo began 5/04 incl cisplatine, 5fu, taxotere