Next Thread
Print Thread
#42168 10-29-2002 12:28 AM
kcdc Offline OP
Platinum Member (200+ posts)
OP Offline
Platinum Member (200+ posts)

Hi Cynthia & Everyone:

Just checking in to let you know Dave has survived 6 doses of radiation so far and the new phrase he heard last week was "your cells are being sterilized".They love the reproductive analogies! I swear, I'm going to have the best book of radiation therapy quotes before this is over! Maybe we'll call it "Heard Around the Radiation Field". What do you all think?

Anyway, Dave is still feeling okay but starting to develop a bit of tongue tingling(did anyone else have this?) and a sore throat post treatment. He is still swallowing well and trying to eat lots but it feels like we are waiting for the bomb to drop.By all accounts, it looks like the problems start around week 3 so we are trying to stay focused and geared up to take one da at a time and get through.

Thanks for the support,

Kim

kcdc
Wife of Dave,diagnosed with Stage III Tonsillar SCC,August '02
Modified radical neck dissection followed by radiation therapy
'There is glory and radiance in the darkness and to see we have only to look"
#42169 10-29-2002 01:39 PM
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Kim,
Just wanted to thank you for your support and offer mine for Dave. It is great that he is still able to swallow.
I got a phone call from a man in my town tonight who had almost identical diagnosis and treatment as me. He got rid of his PEG after approx. two months after radiation. Mine has been out for approx. 6 to 7 weeks and I still feel a long way from being able to really eat. This guy has completely recovered...taste, eating, etc. after about a year, and it was so encouraging to finally speak to someone whose situation was so close to mine. I know that we all heal as individuals, but aren't success stories great.

I wish lots of success to you and Dave.

Danny G.

Stage IV Base of Tongue SCC
Diagnosed July 1, 2002, chemo and radiation treatments completed beginning of Sept/02.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23