Print Thread
Joanna Offline OP
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
OP Offline

From the September 8 issue of Time Magazine, the following:

"CANCER
Erbitux
Martha Stewart may have still more reason to regret selling her ImClone stock. In June, ImClone reported that its drug Erbitux, in combination with chemotherapy, reduced tumor growth in the colon up to 55%, putting the controversial drug on track for FDA consideration. Erbitux targets cancer cells by blocking their ability to absorb growth factors they need to develop. Trials for treating other tumors, including those in the lung, head and neck, are under way."

Lest you discount Time as a credible source of medical information, may I remind you it was an article in Woman's Day about oral cancer that led me to find the tumor in my mouth.

If we can hang in there long enough, there WILL be a cure for what ails us!

Thanks for the input johana. poor martha. if she
could have only waited she wouldn't have been in such a world of hurt. greed can and will bring you down. time for bed see you in the am, Love Daniel

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Joanna,

Boy am I glad one of my friends is intellectual...while I am reading Allure and Real Simple, I have someone to keep me up on the latest news.

I'm about to start a trial on a new, similar drug that targets (in laymen's terms) two receptors instead of only one like I was on. So, as he explains it the old drug was similar to turning a light switch on and off (it turned it off) the new trial is a double wall switch. I'm going on a combination Xeloda (oral form of 5 fu officially Capectabine)) and the trial GW572016.

Start next week after a couple of pre trial tests (yuck) never had a MUGA before. Get to keep my hair this time around.

Take care, and I really do love the fact that so many people keep informed. You must have been catching up on your reading in that chamber.

Dinah

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users