Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Hi Paul- I too was in a room with a big TV with the Masters on it!

Glad you enjoyed the day with your Mom- she and your Dad sound like fantastic people who lived each day fully.

You sound like a wonderful caretaker.

Tongue Cancer T2 N0 M0 /
Total Glossectomy Due to Location of Tumor

Finished all treatments May 25 2007
Surviving!!!
Paul R Offline OP
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline

Thanks K, J & S...

Another holiday enjoyed with mom still around... Easter was wonderful. Although, I ate wayyyyyyy too much. Mom handled it surprisingly well (the holiday.... not me eating too much :-)...

Paul

Paul R Offline OP
OP Offline

Today is my birthday

"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)

The Lord works in mysterious ways! You are a Good Man Paul R. Today is Earth Day and also my daughters 23rd birthday. Happy Birthday to You! Enjoy this "special day" with your Mom and Family.
Keeping You in my thought and prayers, PeteyB smile

DX 3-21-07 L tongue,SCC Stage IV (T3N2MO) TX Slash/Burn/Poison Method.
***Rapid Aggressive Recurrence 8-4-07 with same DX/TX. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. Never Give Up! ****UPDATE**** Our dear friend Petey passed away, RIP 9-2-07
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

How wonderful that things worked out so well for you and that you were able to again relax and have some peaceful moments with your mother. I'm sure your Dad's spirit is very close to you and watching over your Mom as well. I hope you have many more moments joyfully reminiscing in he days ahead.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)

Hi Paul,

Now that's a great story and a fabulous birthday present. I agree with you about not knowing how much we are affected by stress until it's removed. It's hard to be pulled in multiple directions, and try to figure out where to focus your energy. There's a reason that trip was cancelled, you are meant to be right where you are.

Today is my Dad's birthday, he's been dead for 13 years but I still think of him often. Your story proves that the people we love are always with us helping us when we need them most.

Happy Birthday,
Regards JoAnne

JoAnne - Caregiver to husband, cancer rt. tonsil, mets to soft palate, BOT, 7 lymph nodes - T3N2BM0, stage 4. Robotic assisted surgery, radical neck dissection 2/06; 30 IMTX treatments and 4 cycles of cisplatin completed June 06.
Paul R Offline OP
OP Offline

Wow... More than a month has past since my last update. My mom is still progressing with the same symptoms that have plagued her with this disease. The level of pain has increased enough that she has doubled her pain meds (still vicodin). The tumor octopus as I call it now has pushed one of its tentacles further down the right front side of her neck. This one is very painful to touch. It looks like a fatty tissue cist (I sure wish it was just that...) My sister fears this one may break through the skin. According to her, once that happens mom will be facing a new set of challenges. Thankfully, the tumor seems to be leaving her left side alone. Mom is still able to lay on her left side and sleep through the night. Her food intake is still about the same. The nasal liquid discharge problem is still there.

On the bright side, mom made it to her 72nd birthday goal this past weekend. Last night, we brought cake over and sang for her.

My niece is pregnant with her first child. This gave mom a nice piece of news. This would be her first great great grandchild. Unfortunately, the January due date may be too far out for my mom to make... But, she has surprised just about everyone so far on how long she is lasting...

I will write back.... Sorry so long since my past post.

Thanks,
Paul

Hello Paul

As I said before, YOU are a good man. Your mothers spirit and strength are amazing. Tell her belated Happy Birthday from many on the OCF Forum.

Just knowing she will always be alive through others will bring her much happiness. Expecting a first great great grandchild must be very special and comforting to her. Congradulations to all.

DX 3-21-07 L tongue,SCC Stage IV (T3N2MO) TX Slash/Burn/Poison Method.
***Rapid Aggressive Recurrence 8-4-07 with same DX/TX. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. Never Give Up! ****UPDATE**** Our dear friend Petey passed away, RIP 9-2-07

Hi Paul, Glad to hear that Mom made it to her 72nd birthday. She may continue to surprise everyone. The duragesic patch is a good option for pain management if the vicodin stops working for her. Regards JoAnne

JoAnne - Caregiver to husband, cancer rt. tonsil, mets to soft palate, BOT, 7 lymph nodes - T3N2BM0, stage 4. Robotic assisted surgery, radical neck dissection 2/06; 30 IMTX treatments and 4 cycles of cisplatin completed June 06.
Paul R Offline OP
OP Offline

The tumor on my moms neck just below the right jaw hinge is now growing at a rapid pace. It is now pushing out and is the about the size of a golf ball. Sadly, the cancer had lulled me into a false sense of security. The other areas of growth seemed to be taking there good old time. But, this tentacle seems much more aggressive.

When I first got there, I mentioned to my mom that the tumor lump was oozing a white puss. She was unaware that it had started doing this. I got a close up look at it tonight. You can see the tumor mass end just below the skin line. It looks like the end of a average size cigar is being pushed out from within her. The leak is coming from a hole that appeared at the center tip of the lump.

My mom said that is it very painful when touched (even being brushed by her own hair causes her pain). I suspect that in the next week to 10 days, the tumor itself will break through the skin... The enemy from within will makes its appearance for everyone in the family to see...

I hate this disease...

Paul

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916