If I had some money I would certainly give it freely to this cause. I do try to raise awareness by being open and honest to friends, family, and yes when I was still able to work even with my co-workers. I have found people to be for the most part very compassionate and wanting to help in any way they can. I have actually had people say to me, "I have so many friends and aquaintances with this cancer and that cancer and I would like to help, send money somewhere or something, but I don't know what to do. Sounds to me like things are looking up. I recall an incident a couple of years ago when I was sitting in my ENT's office and grabbed up a magazine only to flip to a page with some really horrible crazy add. For some reason I cannot recall how the picture was or how the add read (chemo. brain being a reality) but I DO remember my reaction to it being "Oh, my God". I showed it to my ENT knowing how he would feel about it and I actually thought he was going to cry or something (and who could blame him). He was really surprised when he saw what magazine it was in. Blythe Danner is great. Looking forward to seeing how they do her angle.
Yours,
Candle

SSC Larynx/Supraglottic Laryngectomy'98. Max Radiat-'98,'01. Liver resect-'00. Metastasis to lt lung'02&rt lung'04. Carboplatin&Taxol&Ifosfamide&Taxotere'00.Cetuximab'02.Cysplatin&Topotecan'03.