Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29641 11-27-2007 06:21 AM
Cecelia Offline OP
OP Offline

Talk about highs and lows. I still haven't had a proper diagnosis from my doctors at the hospital yet, whom I last saw on 8 November. I'm going back 6 December and - altho' I'm alright most of the time, I am in an agony of uncertainty more often than I'd like. After the second surgery I was told very clumsily that I had more cancer in the excised tissue from 2nd operation on the side of the tongue and that my whole mouth was vulnerable because of a field change. I saw a young doc and he made a hash of telling me - rang the surgeon and asked to be referred to an oncologist - he seemed upset but said yes yes he would do that but of course it hasn't happened. Then my GP rang and said he had a letter - it's not so bad - just a multi-focal lesion with wide-spread dysplasia! I knew that wasn't the whole story but I was high for a couple of days. AS I sort of expected, the GP rang last night to say he had the histology. Proper cancers and cancer in situ went right through the tissue - the invasive cancer wasn't near the edge but the carcinoma in situ was. I think that's what he said.
I've waited so long to get a diagnosis and don't know how I'm going to wait another 8 days! This makes New Zealand's health service look bad. I don't think it is bad technically but we are way behind you in creating a partnership between medical experts and their patients. My feminist hackles rise. Would they treat an educated male patient in such a paternalistic way.
Cecelia

#29642 11-27-2007 08:24 AM
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Mame,
Thay treat me the same way and the fact of the matter is that thay dont give a damn. We are $ signs to the medical business. I will shut up before i get kicked out of here.
paul
in va soon to be in nc

paulie

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members