Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27177 02-08-2005 10:49 AM
OP Offline

It looks as if my mouth mystery has solved itself!

some of you may recall my mentioning that i had gone to get a cavity filled and that they were unable to deaden the nerve.

what i didn't realize was that i wasn't given a very good anesthetic as the dentist was concerned about my "highly abnormal" pulse rate of 107. (c'mon, i was in a sleazy dentist's office and facing a possible root canal or two -- AFTER having rushed across town from leaving my heartbroken 13-month-old screaming for mommy at darcare!)

so, they called me today and demanded that i have my heart evaluated before they would give me a better anesthetic and continue my dental proceedure.

so, i went down to their office and told them that if they had such a complicated proceedure to undertake and if my heart rate had concerned them, that they shouldn't have started further destroying my teeth if they were going to be unable to finish!

wound up going to my mother's dentist who had new x-ray technology. he found out that my cavity reaches twice as far down as the first, sleazy dentist saw. it actually drops into my jaw bone.

so what does this mean? i have a tiny pocket of dying and infected gum tissue hiding out directly under my sinus and irritating my throat as well.

i'm doing to have to go to a peridontist, most likely, and have a few chips of jaw bone removed so that my dentist can get to the cavity ... but ... for the time being it seems that EVERYTHING is explained by this.

of course, i'm no idiot, so i will still be following up with the ENT as soon as i get my BCBS -- or if ANYTHING changes for the worse.

by the way, i spoke with sleazy dentist's assistant who promtly refunded my money and sent me on my way.

what a happy day! i'll definately keep you guys updated as i find out more -- especially after the ENT visit ...

and, in closing, i'm still going to quit smoking. i might not have cancer today, but i WILL have it someday sooner than i might think if i don't stop. plus, smoking is hard on the gums, as well, and one time facing a peridontist is enough for me =)

for those of you facing more than the loss of a chip of their jaw bone ... you are definately in my thoughts.

thanks for everything, you guys!

#27178 02-08-2005 12:00 PM
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)

Mrs. Zebra, please take the scare you just had as a timely warning. My ENT told me he hoped that the lump in my neck was a warning, but it turned out to be cancer, so take your situation as a timely warning and give up the cigarettes. From personal experience I can tell you they do no good for you at all. I know how hard it can be to give them up, I smoked for almost 40 years before I got the cancer diagnosis. However, I gave them up in one day (after a tonsilectomy, which made it a lot easier). You can do it also.

Regards, Kirk Georgia
Stage IV, T1N2aM0, right tonsil primary, Tonsilectomy 11/03, 35 rad/3cisplatin chemo, right neck dissection 1/04 - 5/04.
#27179 02-08-2005 12:36 PM

Mrs. Zebra,
So glad to hear that your problem is that which a good dentist can fix! I pray that you do take this as a warning to get rid of the cigs! May God bless you as you count your blessings today!
Debbie

Debbie - Caregiver for husband, Dan, diagnosed with tongue cancer 7/03. Partial gloss., mod. neck dissections, graft. Recurrence neck tumor 12/03. Radical left neck dissection 12/24/03-unable to get all the tumor. 8 weeks chemo/rad beginning 1/12/04.
#27180 02-08-2005 01:32 PM
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

Thats wonderful news that you don't have cancer!

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics