Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ov_bm Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you to everyone who did pray for my fiance. At this point, he has started taking the Zeolite that we purchased, no signs of anything happening yet - but we are still hoping.

The tumors on his colar bone have now started pussing. Either the tumor inside will grow over his air passage and stop his breathing, or the tumors on the outside will start to bleed and when that happens, they won't be able to stop the bleeding.

Everyday I am on edge just wondering if it is our last days together, I am so afraid. He is still a trouper, working hard to stay strong and fight this, I am so proud of him. But seeing him today, he looks pale, tired and not like his usual self. The tumors are causing him to feel pressure in his chest, and as the doctors keep saying that there is nothing they can do, I feel so bad watching him in that condition. He doesn't want to take the pain meds, he says it isn't that bad, but from the expressions on his face, it looks pretty bad. Since his surgery, he has been in the kitchen cooking me different things that he wants me to try because he wants to know if it tastes good. Although I do appreicate the cooking, and I know it makes him happy - I really want him to just rest, but he refuses - it is like his way of always trying to take care of me. Part of me enjoys it, the other part of me misses him eating with me, and if something happens to him - it will just make me miss him even more.

The doctors say he only has months, still seems hard to beleive - so we aren't believing it. But every once and again, I start to feel afraid.

Not sure if anyone has had this type of chest pressure, or knew anyone who had tumors pussing on the outside, any suggestions would be greatly apprecaited.

Hope all of you are doing well, thanks again for being our support.

"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Bhavna......What a distressing situation that you and your fiance are experiencing. Life can really be tough. It sounds to me like you are being an angel to him....a true blessing. Miracles DO occur, but if you aren't fortunate enough to receive one, you will always know that you were loyal and loving. I, myself, am moved by your devotion.

Colleen--T-2N0M0 SCC dx'd 12/28/05...Hemi-maxillectomy, partial palatectomy, neck dissection 1/4/06....clear margins, neg. nodes....no radiation, no chemo....Cancer-free at 4 years!
Me2 Offline
Senior Member (100+ posts)
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Bhavna- I am so sorry you both are going through this. I am praying for both of you, and will hope for that miracle as well. You are handling this with grace and love, and thank god he has you by his side....It must be a great comfort to him.

Ginny M. SCC of Left lateral tongue Dx 04/06,Surgery MDACC 05/11/06: Partial glossectomy with selective neck dissection. T1N0M0 - no radiation. Phase III clinical trial ("EPOC" trial)04/07 thru 04/08 because tests showed a 65% chance of recurrence. 10 Year Survivor!
ov_bm Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello everyone, I'm back to writing to you after so long. Well unfortunetly things didn't go the way I had hoped, my fiance died on May 5. Since then it has been so hard to get through the days and nights without him, nothing is the same anymore. I miss him terribly, and after seeing what he went through, I can't even imagine what you are all going through. For all the caregivers out there, be strong and don't give up no matter what. Your loved one will appreicate every moment you spend with them.

But I came online again just to say thank you so much to everyone for their kind words, advice and prayers, we both appreciated it so much. I hope all of you are doing well, god bless you.

Platinum Member (300+ posts)
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

Bhavna,

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. I have prayed and thought of you two often.

Tim

Tim Stoj
60 yr old. Dx Jun 06 with BOT Stage IV. Neck dissesction on 19 Jun 06. Started Tx on 21 Aug 06/completed 33 IMRTs and 3 CT (2 Cisplat & 1 Carboplat) on 5 Oct 06.
JAM Offline
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Bhavna, Wishing you much strength and fortitude. You were a good caregiver when he needed it the most. Amy in the Ozarks

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

:
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (300+ posts)

I'm so sorry to hear about your fiance. I've thought of you often, you both fought so hard. Please take care of yourself and let others help you get get thru this. In the midst of so many things that were terrible and unfair, at least he could see how much you loved him and that's a gift that I hope brings you comfort down the road. Regards JoAnne

JoAnne - Caregiver to husband, cancer rt. tonsil, mets to soft palate, BOT, 7 lymph nodes - T3N2BM0, stage 4. Robotic assisted surgery, radical neck dissection 2/06; 30 IMTX treatments and 4 cycles of cisplatin completed June 06.

Bhavna,

I am sooo sorry to hear of your loss, the love you two shared was an ispiration , your strength and determination as well. I only hope now you will take the time you need to heal, and find comfort in the memories of the love you shared. My heart and thoughts are with you

Sharlee

Sharlee
35 year old Female Non smoker, very occasional alcohol ..Scc T1N0M0,partial glossectomy and left neck disection ,2/9/07 No rad deemed ness. 4/16 tonsillectomy ..Trimengenial Neuralga due to surgery
Senior Member (75+ posts)
Senior Member (75+ posts)

Bhavna,

I, like the others, have thought of you often. I am so sorry for your loss. You were an amazing caregiver, and you should be very proud of that. I can only imagine how terribly hard the days are for you now. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless.

Amy

Dx 11/30/2006 Stage I SCC of gum/surgery 01/12/07 resection of the right posterior mandible with a right buccal transpositional flap 3 teeth removed/reconstruction to come in 9-12 months
"OCF across the pond"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
"OCF across the pond"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

I cant believe one so young has had to endure so much
God Bless

Liz in the UK

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users
Forum Statistics