Next Thread
Print Thread
#1731 09-21-2003 02:38 AM
Flo Offline OP
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Hi Everyone,

Since I spoke to you last, Linda has been though a lot. She was sent home after the bleeding episode. Only to return once again on Friday morning because she was in a so called light coma. Not....she was in a really deep sleep due to meds and a combination of meds that put her out cold.

We in the meantime, are told she is passing....priests, nuns, family members from all over join together by her beside. A moment that will be etched in my mind forever....

So, they proceed to tell us that we are going to keep her comfortable and will move her to the fifth floor of this hospital. We, the family are in and out staying with Linda and supporting each other. Priest once again, comes to her room gathers family members to pray...last words ...tells us she can hear all this and to talk to her because she can hear all we want to say to her because the hearing is the last thing to go....

Linda, has other plans....she never liked it when my mom sat on the bed next to her, because of feeding tubes and whatnot...so my mother did and Linda JUMPS UP PUSHES HER AWAY WITH HER HAND and is freaking out...trying to express and gesturing things to her and the nurses....my mother comes flying down the hallway saying she is trying to write something....I fly down to her room she is up and doing just that...she is tying to write remember she is on heavy duty meds and she is trying to write the best she can...she is pointing at her ears, WHY...because she can't hear anything at all...fluid, meds ringing i n her ears. why and I here...she keeps trying to write is her question...she remembers that she went home the night before a nd now she is back at the hospital with family coming in and out...how confused she was and so very scared you see it in her eyes how scared she is... calming her down telling her she is fine...realizing she can't hear now we are writing on paper to her, we explain this to her..she still is medicated and during the day was making more sense with her writing and was waking up and waving and smiling to everyone she saw....

Her doctor is floored by all of this and yet, is not so surprised ...We are talking about Linda here ..right....sorry the questions mark key is stuck on this computer....

So, it has been said that Linda will continue with treatment, but a lot has been said about the wound....they are saying that it has cancer cells around it...so this is all news to the family, and needs to be discussed in further d etails.

NOW THAT YOU ARE AS SHOCKED AS WE ARE.....and will be for days....let me know if you can suggest how to proceed with Linda's care....with this news about the wound....what to do, where is the best place to bring her...I would like to see her in a cancer center for head and neck ONLY where they can take care of all of this for her...like ny, or maryland or texas...any suggestions. ideas, anything. You all are great , i love to hear from all of you even if its for support and prayers...it has helped a lot believe me please...my head is spinning as you must imagine. HUGS A ND KISSES..AND CONTINUE TO PRAY AND BELIEVE IN MIRACLES, WE DO...LOVE YA FLO XOX SORRY FOR TYPOS AND IF DOESN'T MAKE SENSE GOTTA RUN....SEE YA

Caregiver for my loving Sister Linda 37, Advanced Recurrence SCC of the Head and Neck. 2003
Diag. June 2000 with Tongue Cancer in Stage 3/Treatment RAD
#1732 09-21-2003 03:39 AM
Platinum Member (200+ posts)
Platinum Member (200+ posts)

Speakless, what, a trip you have had, but good for Linda, I guess she showed them !!!! As far as treatment centers, we have recently switched to Dana Farber in Boston, ranked number 4 in the country, they are also connected to Mass General and Brigham and Women`s. We switched because I wanted Packer to have the Best treatment available..........check out their website.......Many prayers your way.........Packer and Dee

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23