Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

sorry David...a biopsy of tongue and a neck aspiration in the lump area unfortunately confirmed it...my ENT was very upbeat and positive about it being HPV related and also the petscan showing no spread either and prognosis was good to hear from him. That was a good day. Alot of ups and downs in my mind and it really has put life into a different perspective for me and I am not sweating the small stuff anymore either. I am rambling here but maybe in some sick twisted way I will be a better father, husband and man. It does make you realize what is really important in life now.

I will talk to chemo doc this week about 6 weeks vs 3 wks and why wasnt it an option to me. I just had a hearing test done as a baseline and was told about the effect of the cisplatin and to immediately escalate any ringing in ears! I am in VB area and with Riverside which so far I am very happy with all the team of doctors I have been dealing with. My second opinion will be in Philly area since I have family up there to stay with if I need to pursue that. I get the port/peg in on tues and tomorrow fitted for the mask/shoulder thing and CT scan. Dental work was done and will get flouride trays this week as well. Alot of things to do and remember and I have my wife and daughter along to help me remember all this. This can be overwhelming with all the info and opinions....sometimes I think its all a nightmare. I thank everyone for their kind support and it really helps me get thru this all so far. I will stay in touch as I progress.

OP Offline

thank you Tammy and great news to hear about your husband. God bless him and you. I do have my wife, daughter, sister in law and brother in law close by to help get me around in the days and weeks to come. You are right about the waiting....I try not to read too much about it but I do not want to be ignorant either. Its just so strange that I feel so fine and I am up and about carrying on a normal day and I will have to put myself thru all this. the only thing I have sometimes is a stiff neck once in awhile but advil usually take care of that. I keep thinking its a mistake but after a CT scan, petscan and a couple biopsies tell me otherwise I wake up.

Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Update us with current status, please!

Squamous Cell Carcinoma base of tongue
Erbitux 12 wks
IMRT Radiation ended 8/7/12
MRI Cancer live 10/3/12
3 rounds Chemo (Cisplatin, 5FU, ??)
Brachytherapy 7days ended 1/28/13
PET SCAN 4/19/13
70 yr old 8/20/12
Walt